What's new

How many cups of coffee do you drink first thing in the morning ?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Hi everyone like the title says. Personally I used to drink two cups first thing, but it was giving me the jitters. So now I'm down to one then a cup of decaff tea.

Then about an hour later. If I'm in town, I'll have a caramel latte.

So how much coffee for you folks in the morning ?.
I drink a one pint YETI mug every. morning and that's it for the day.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Typically three mugs of drip French roast, black. Occasionally a cappuccino with two shots of espresso. I then shift to my large Yeti, filled with cold water from the Brita to keep me hydrated until the cocktail hour pause. Sometimes I'll have an iced coffee or an espresso around two or three. i use oat milk in the iced coffee and whole milk in cappuccinos.

A couple, but I generally drink coffee all day. What I mean is that my (insulated) cup is nearly always warm, though it may take a couple of hours to finish.

Generally, I drink 5, 12oz mugs every day with no effects from the caffeine. My wife is ultra sensitive and now only drinks decaf.

Me? I fall asleep on the recliner with with a near empty mug on the side table. 😄

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I have been through several different routines, all trying to control the hit from the caffeine. The oldest one, when I was still running was to start out with tea first and it turns out I have kind of gone full circle! The thing is, if you hydrate first thing in the morning and drink regular coffee, it’s kind of a waste due to the diuretic effect. Also, caffeine on an empty stomach absorbs too quickly. Further, our behavior is controlled by drug dependence more than we want to admit, that have to have my first cup before I am human syndrome. Coffee is undoubtedly healthy, but caffeine is a drug and I think people should examine their habits often and ask themselves difficult questions. I personally would recommend drinking water or tea first and packing your coffee in a thermos and drinking as much as you want after you are peeing normally. The only downside is that you won’t drink as much coffee as you did previously, almost guaranteed!

Dude, thats exactly what I do too! During these hot days, I am drinking 80-ounces of water AKA 10-cups. I drink 22-ounces of coffee from my Yeti, but sometimes I don't even finish it, and I've only drank 3/4 of the tumbler. My rule of thumb when it comes to maintaining a healthy hydration habit is, if your pee is clear and you pee often, then your hydration is solid. But if your pee is yellow, your dehydrated, and if your pee is orange, your severely dehydrated. Water before coffee, not the other way around.

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

These guys know about maintaining their hydration levels, think about how much sweating goes on in those suits, imagine wearing one of those things in Arizona heat right now. They are probably drinking a gallon of water per day lol.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I never could catch on with tea. Hot, cold, black, green, whatever; I can drink it to be polite but don't really like it. Possibly it was because my parents kept a box of teabags around for the occasional visitor who wanted it. Lipton, if I recall, and I'm reasonably certain that from 1965 to 2006 it was the same box. Sat right next to the antique can of Sanka for those who wanted decaf "coffee."

These days I awake to a steaming 500ml insulated mug of coffee. Black. That takes me from waking through breakfast and dishes and into shaving before I finish it. Then blast back another 500ml of water and go out to water the garden. (Pardon the euphemism, it wasn't intentional.) After that I stick to water all day until it's beer:30.

O.H.

I start the morning making a pour-over in one of my 18oz ceramic Pendleton mugs - say 0530.
I probably get 1/2 way through it before I start waking everyone and getting breakfast started.

I estimate that I get 12oz in before I top off at 0700 with a couple Nespresso pods bringing me back to a full mug.
I only drink half more before shutting it down; for me it's all about the richness.

Black tea at 3...

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Typically three mugs of drip French roast, black. Occasionally a cappuccino with two shots of espresso. I then shift to my large Yeti, filled with cold water from the Brita to keep me hydrated until the cocktail hour pause. Sometimes I'll have an iced coffee or an espresso around two or three. i use oat milk in the iced coffee and whole milk in cappuccinos.
Come on. Two Wows for three cups of coffee? You would never make it in the Navy!

Top Bottom