What's new

how many blades do you have? who has the most blades on the forum?

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
100 Derby Extra
100 Rockwell Razor
50 Wilkinson Sword India

And I’m Guessing 150 others
These are DE Blades

linty1

My wallet cries.
Wow... honestly I thought I was going overboard buying a sleeve of 100 of them.. I have around 120 Gillette Silver Blues (the leftovers of my previous gsb sleeve, and my new gsb sleeve) what can I say? I found something I liked and want to keep it simple blade wise. Having said that, I see a lot of folks with those Gillette Nacet blades.. maybe I'll get some from try a b and see.

Reactions: saj
I have about 250 or so Personna Blue. About 100 or so Gillette Wilkinson Sword. I also have a few 5 packs of various blades, maybe less than 20 or so total. Not much by the B&B standards probably.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
If David S. Taylor of P&G is also at B&B, he will be an absolute winner.

My spreadsheet with number of blades and estimated number of shaves per blade type.

Gillette Silver Blue9904455
Gillette Nacet3851732.5
Gillette Perma Sharp95427.5
Wilkinson Sword Classic2080
Rapira Superior Stainless90270
Rapira Platinum Lux45180
Derby Usta90360
Voskhod145580
so ermmmm let me guess, gillette silver blue are your favourite de blades? lol :thumbsup:

Well, I like them a lot, and the price was under 0,1$/ blade so I stocked a lot. :smile:

cool, i assume youre in the states as you mention the currency in $

not sure how much they cost here in the uk but i wouldnt imagine it would be too much to be fair

I got them from Turkish wholesale website for approx 6$ per 100 pieces, and via parcel forward service for approx 20$ to Croatia. Luckily it went under the radar with no customs fees or vat.

im tempted to get a hundred feather blades but i dont know i dont need it but i really want it lol

i've already got between 300-400 havent counted recently as i gave some away but i have to resist these urges :/

I've only been into this hobby about 8 months now and have well over 2500 blades. It's so addicting and exciting to try so much stuff from around the world. I have more than enough to shave the next 10 years. Acquisition disorder is a real thing.

I've only been into this hobby about 8 months now and have well over 2500 blades. It's so addicting and exciting to try so much stuff from around the world. I have more than enough to shave the next 10 years. Acquisition disorder is a real thing.
I think what it is as well us the fact that you save so much money with de blades when wet shaving compared to using cartridges you don't feel as guilty as spending and treating yourself to a fair few blades imo

That's some collection though 2500, which brand blades do you have? A wide variety?

A wide variety for sure. With a collect em all emphasis on lord blades. All their stainless varieties really seem to give me a smooth and effective shave. I have found that their is definitely more good blades then bad blades in the world. I also think as time goes on my technique gets better and I can enjoy more blades that before I thought were to harsh.

A wide variety for sure. With a collect em all emphasis on lord blades. All their stainless varieties really seem to give me a smooth and effective shave. I have found that their is definitely more good blades then bad blades in the world. I also think as time goes on my technique gets better and I can enjoy more blades that before I thought were to harsh.
Which Lord blades do you like?

Could you post which ones in order of preferences thanks 👍😊

Lately I can't go wrong with Asco orange, silver star, rainbow, lord cools, or racers. I don't know if it's a psychological thing but if I shave with racer I tend to go faster. Lord cools though I think are super underrated. I tried them in vintage gilletes to new merkurs open comb closed comb it didn't matter. Great blade IMO.

Top Bottom