What's new

how many blades do you have? who has the most blades on the forum?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Incorrect.

This was from Bullgoose Shaving on their website.
Link to Bullgoose Shaving Polsilver Page

I still don’t necessarily believe it. Bullgoose isn’t the only vendor that has claimed these to be legit despite the obvious red flags. I have done deep research on this very subject. I have 400 of these questionable blades, and many more of verified legit Polsilver. And I still am not sure if these ones that say just EXTRA STAINLESS are counterfeit or not. There are too many red flags in addition to the missing print on the blades. The Y in Zyletek is wrong. The blades have numbers 1,2,1,2 printed on the corners of one side, which is very odd. Other weirdness with these as well, especially with the packaging and printing. Fonts, colors, lines... all a little off. I have tried a few, and the jury is still out. I would like them to be legit, but I really can’t say they are at this point.

I still don’t necessarily believe it. Bullgoose isn’t the only vendor that has claimed these to be legit despite the obvious red flags. I have done deep research on this very subject. I have 400 of these questionable blades, and many more of verified legit Polsilver. And I still am not sure if these ones that say just EXTRA STAINLESS are counterfeit or not. There are too many red flags in addition to the missing print on the blades. The Y in Zyletek is wrong. The blades have numbers 1,2,1,2 printed on the corners of one side, which is very odd. Other weirdness with these as well, especially with the packaging and printing. Fonts, colors, lines... all a little off. I have tried a few, and the jury is still out. I would like them to be legit, but I really can’t say they are at this point.
I also want these blades to be original, but I'm almost certain they're fake. They are not bad but they are very far from the original ones.

Now up to 5,800...😱
I am now about the same. I bought everything I have on sale and have 400-500 of each of my favourites. I am set for life with great blades and won’t be buying more.

The only exception is Gillette Rubies as I have never tried them and will grab a tuck to try then 100-200 when I see them for cheap if I like them.

I shave every day and very rarely use a blade more than twice, so I do blow thru blades. I also PIF a lot of blades.

Found an old spreadheet - the numbers are a little off but in the ballpark.
Astra Platinum140
Astra Stainless28
Derby Extra10
Derby Premium97
Derby USTA99
Dorco Prime35
Elios4
Feather20
Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum100
Gillette Nacet24
Gillette Perma Sharp Super40
Gillette Platinum9
Gillette Sharpedge14
Gillette Silver Blue124
Gillette Sputnik20
Gillette Super Stainless9
Gillette Wilkinson Sword99
Gillette Wilkinson Sword Indian250
Israeli Red129
Kai5
Ladas30
LORD 'Classic' Super Stainless19
Lord Platinum Class10
Personna Lab Blues25
Polsilver54
Rapira Lux68
Rapira Swedish85
Shark Chrome99
Shark Platinum100
Silver Star197
Super-Max Blue Diamond PLATINUM109
Super-Max TITANIUM Coated Blue Diamond367
Tatra Platinum10
Voskhod85

Let’s say enough for years and there are 250 wizamets and 100 gilette platinum light blue in the pipe so another 5-6 years

Attachments

• 41A5C9CC-4672-4F46-8DD9-E280FA1CACEB.jpeg
    41A5C9CC-4672-4F46-8DD9-E280FA1CACEB.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 45
I've given away quite a few of my 100 GSB and Astra purchases to guys I've gotten into the habit. I have roughly 300 silver stars, 300 persona platinums (100 Israeli, 200 German), close to 200 vintage blades and probably 100 misc so 900 total. Way more blades than I can ever imagine using at this stage of my existence.

I believe I have just under 650 blades. That should be enough to last me for a while. But I'd also be interested in trying (and, if I like them, buying) other blades.

I would estimate about 500 of which 400 are Personna IR. But I did place an order for 250 Wizamet blades last week so soon I will have about 750 blades.
Since I posted that I bought another 200 Personna Israeli Red and 500 Polsilver SI blades, Having used some and Piffed a few plus I am looking at about 1250 blades. I only buy large 100 or more packs of blades after I have confirmed that they work really well for me.

I only have somewhere around 340 DE blades or so. I have used one in the last year as I mainly use straights now.

The brands I have are Polsilver SI, Bic, Nacets, feather and 3 or 4 Dorco 301s, and 5 Wilkinson sword.

Inspired by this thread i made an inventory of my DE stash:

4 x Gilette platinum
3 x Perma sharp super
4 x Feather
1x Wilkinson Sword
4 x Parker
2 x Bolzano (my all-time favorite)

18 blades in total - i can safely say i am no horder (also i am a happy daily straight shaver 😉)

Top Bottom