What's new

How long do your shaves take?

From the time the clothes come off until they come back on is almost always 35 minutes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I shave in the morning so not counting my shower, on work days my shave is 10-15 minutes. I like to stretch it out on the weekends.

For a head shave and clean up neck / cheek lines:
15 minutes or so if I don't have to knock it down with a Wahl clipper. If I need to use the clippers, add 5 minutes.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
From starting to load my brush to toweling off, 3-5 minutes, razor and direction of shave depending.

I'm amazed at people that are able to get a shave in that ten-minute range. Makes me wonder if there are things I could do to make my process more efficient, because getting the shave in on weekdays can be tough, especially if I fall behind. I think part of it comes down to the weird freaking angles my hair grows on my neck.

Straight razor shave.
Making a face lather 2-3 mins. (Lather a massive factor to achieving bbs)
Pass one wtg 3-5 min
Rinse, re lather, 1min.
Pass 2 xtg 3-5 min
Rinse, re-lather 1 min
Pass 3 atg 3-5 min (all areas shaves chin, neck, top lip etc, I have no mustache, beard or goatee).
Pass 4 touch up 3-5 mins.
Rinse, brush teeth, clean brush, clean, dry, palm strop, linen strop and store razor 5-7min.
20 -30min, in practice it’s usually about the midway point of 25 mins plus 5-10 in the shower.
Absolutely BBS shave every single day.

If I'm in a hurry & need to knock the stubble down - under 5 minutes.

My typical shave is 20 minutes where I take my time & enjoy the process.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I'm amazed at people that are able to get a shave in that ten-minute range. Makes me wonder if there are things I could do to make my process more efficient, because getting the shave in on weekdays can be tough, especially if I fall behind. I think part of it comes down to the weird freaking angles my hair grows on my neck.

One lathered ATG buffing pass. My beard map is very easy to follow ATG.

beard-grain-map-1.jpg

As long as I have a rigid razor and a good blade, its pretty simple and quick, once I learned how. Learning to shave like that took me a while to understand what worked any why. I also tested ~30 different DE blades for that type of save. Only two let me do it easily and comfortably, Polsilver and Gillette Yellow.

Using my GEM MMOC with a PTFE blade is even easier. It just wipes the stubble off with strokes twice as long as I can make with my Fatip Grande.

I didnt record my last shave here, but it was Monday evening or night. I dont remember.

MMOC/PTFE for its 4th shave.

WK.

Maggard Synthetic.

~100 hours since last shave. I dont think it would matter if it was around 200 hours.

Single buffing pass ATG. One clean up. The MMOC is all business and this was business as usual.

Nice comfy BBS. What more could be asked for.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I don't time my shave but I do notice the time on the clock when I come out of the bathroom in the morning. I am pretty much consistent in the 22-24 mins for me to shower, 2-pass face lather shave, brush teeth and all other morning bathroom stuff.

I timed the actual shave tonight. I always shave right after me evening shower. I face Lather. From the time I went to the sink and started until I cleaned all of my gear. 3 pass shave. That is taking apart my razor and rinsing it off and a light scrub with my wife’s toothbrush:eek2:
And putting all away. It was a grand total of 8 minutes.

On workdays, I’m usually on a tight schedule. My shaves are over and done with in 10 minutes at most. That includes clean up.

On workdays, I’m usually on a tight schedule. My shaves are over and done with in 10 minutes at most. That includes clean up.
Weekends is when I break out the straight razors and then I’ll take 20 minutes for start to finish.

My routine has me showering before, brushing my teeth and applying the Rogaine to my scalp. Then I first grab the brush and lather bowl and start to warm it up with hot tap water. So from the moment I grab the bowl and brush to the moment I finish putting on my aftershave splash is about 20 minutes. Sometimes it can take longer if I relax and take my time. But I'd say 20 minutes is about right for me.

Not counting shower time: 15-20 minutes on average (depending on whether I need a blade change, the particular soap and, mostly, how awake I am)!
:straight::straight::straight::straight:

Humm - well I haven't timed my morning routine but I would guess about 25 minutes from shower to applying balm then cleaning and drying my razor and putting the kit away.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Top Bottom