What's new

How long do your shaves take?

I'm in there for about an hour.. usually every three days.
Head and neck shave, trim the mustache and line up the beard.
I like to take my time, put on some music, make a cocktail.
I usually wait until my wife has a new episode of some girly show she likes, and there are quite a few.
Then i run for cover in the shave cave.

10 minutes, 3-pass, usually a DFS.

This AM:
Omega 66 boar
Crabtree & Evelynn Nomad, bowl lathered
Brass General / Feather Pro
Humphries plain witch hazel
Clubman

Almost a BBS

I consider my shaves somewhat of a complete experience, so from the moment I enter my personal spa (bathroom) to the moment I walk out is exactly 30 min on the dot and it includes:
1.-Choosing the hardware and software of the shave.
2.-Put the brush to soak
3.-Take a shower
4.-Lather up and Shave
5.-Brush teeth and mouth wash
6.-After shave care

10 mins. Two passes and touchups. I enjoy my shave, but I have places to go and things to do!
So I looked at the time on the TV as I started and finished this am. Seven minutes. Closer to 8 minutes if you include the time to fill the sink and scuttle and dunk the knot before I jumped in the shower. I wasn't rushing, and this is fairly typical for a work day shave. On the weekend, things are more leisurely, but I probably don't exceed 12 mins.

As long as I want. Maybe 20 mins. My wife never asks, never says anything about the time I take. She knows it's my time and that it's well deserved.

I’m medically retired and I don’t care how long I shave, just enjoy yourself and relax while you’re shaving, if you worried about priority or deadlines during your shave... well good luck and the speed shaving force be with you.

proxy.php

Start with soaking the brush to cleaning up and putting things away, 20-30 minutes not counting the shower. That's why I always prefer to shave at night, it's more relaxing and time has time for itself.

Since I switched to shaving in the evening, the time and pleasure has increased. About 20 minutes for me. I put some music on and light a scented candle--currently spiced apple aroma. No rushing, only relaxing.

From the For-What-It's-Worth Department, none of the How-To-Get-A-Better-Night's-Sleep books mention this method for preparing for sleep, but it's a sure-fire method for me to get to sleep sooner and sleep better.

I have no idea.

I've never been in a situation where I ever had to time my shaves. They take as long as they need to. If you can't do that, you're not shaving properly.

Seems to be around 40-70 minutes. Depends on a soap and amount of passes. Usually do 2 passes, if have had a longer break from shaving will do 3. I find my self enjoying extremely about lathering process. Sometimes find myself loading and bowl lathering over half an hour. Enjoy whipping soaps slowly and just taking my time with it.

Reactions: abj
It takes me about 15 minutes from the time I get out of the shower to cleanup. If I'm using a boar brush it soaks while I shower so that it's ready to go when I get out.

I was at a conference for the last two days. Forgot my brush, so had to foam up the tabac cream with my hand. total shave for face and head took 6 minutes for multiple passes with a Gillette Guard.

HTH
godek

10 to 15 minutes from walking out the shower to putting my gear away. I use Gillette fusion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 to 30 minutes. sometimes a little longer. I'm in no hurry and usually drinking coffee.

gotta clean the stache off between passes so I dont get soap in my coffee.

camo

Top Bottom