What's new

How does MWF/ Kent compare to Cella?

How do the Wool fat soaps compare to Cella/ Vito's?

Does it make a difference what animal the tallow comes from in your experience?

I really enjoy the Vito's and I'm considering some Kent/ MWF.

Welcome to B&B, Sir Habanos!

I’ve tried Cella, MWF and Vito’s cream.
I’d characterize Vito’s in between almondy Cella and talcum-tallowy MWF.
You’ll just have to experiment and try each along the way!
On the road, don’t neglect to try Proraso, Tabac, DR Harris, Haslinger, even Arko!
Enjoy the journey!

Never used Vitos but have used Cella and MWF. Cella was very good and lathered right up with no issues and had that almond/marzipan scent thing going for it. MWF is a different animal altogether, expect some drama, even if you know what you are doing.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I much prefer MWF over Cella it has a much milder pleasant scent and is a better performer in my opinion. Cella is one of the few soaps that irritates my skin as does Proraso. As to the tallow, I don’t believe the animal it came from makes a difference (pork fat is lard, bovine fat is tallow and lamb fat is suet). Suet has a bit of a lamb odor to it. I don’t detect a suet odor in MWF The wool fat is the lanolin from sheep’s coat. The whole wool fat idea came from the fact that the sheep shearers hands were always soft.

MWF is a hard soap and Cella is a cream. Most differences in how they lather will come from that. IME the lather itself on MWF has slightly better slickness and post-shave feel. However, if your technique works better with lathering softer product, you'll likely get better everything from Cella. If hard soaps are your jam, MWF all the way. You can't shave well with potentially good lather. Go with what works best for you, as you probably know by now what soap format you prefer.

I am one of the ones that couldn't get MWF to lather no matter what I tried. Cella is super easy to lather and is a great shaving soap. If I had to be picky, I wish it was slicker. Still a top soap in my opinion.

Top Bottom