What's new

How do you ship fragrances you want to sell?

I am considering culling my fragrance collection a bit and am doing some research about what is needed to be able to ship them without running afoul of the law. Looks like USPS is impossible and FEDEX and UPS really mean for businesses to apply for a certification permit to do so. Are all of you simply bypassing these rules and declaring things olive oil?

Yes. They have a long list of things that must be shipped by ground and perfumes are on the list. I haven't been able to do it by online Click & Ship but it works if you go to the counter.

Super helpful. Only challenge would be to add the tracking info to the paypal transaction....do you do that manually?

received this bottle of cologne today, from norway.
shipper labeled as 'massage oil'!

IMG_6918.jpg

I get fragrances shipped by USPS all the time. Most of the time sellers ship via Priority Mail or First Class which is air mail. Occasionally they'll ship USPS ground. Before 9/11 this was never an issue, AFAIK. If it was me, I'd box it up and slap a USPS label, printed at home, on it and drop it off at the PO.

ok, i can report my recent shipping experience a couple days ago.

here's the range of fragrances being shipped...

frag pif sep 2020.jpg

each one was wrapped in bubble wrap, then packed into a box.
then that box was double boxed into another larger box, with puffy air pillows around.

IMG_6941.JPG

the large box was then shipped, within US, via FedEx Ground.
FedEx was very slightly less expensive than the quote from USPS Parcel Ground.
Printed shipping label at home.
Dropped box off at nearby FedEx shipping location.
Tracking info shows the box is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.
Hopefully all will arrive safe and sound.

Same thing happened to me at a local UPS store.
Super frustrating.

I gave up on selling/piffing/trading aftershaves and Fragrances. I consider it a total loss when I dislike something since:

A. It's a big time federal fine if something breaks and you didn't disclose what it was. Not worth it.
B. You can't donate alcohol based stuff to Salvation Army
C. My Friends are tired of me giving them aftershave

I literally have to put it in the basement, use it, or toss it. It sucks.

Top Bottom