What's new

How do you do it? Shave everyday...

just curious which razor and blade combo mate?
Recently I tried BiC blades with Mühle R89 razor, this combo was so smooth no razor burn no nicks no weepers and I could go with long strokes. It was good for 3-4 shaves then it became blunt.

Reactions: saj
Recently I tried BiC blades with Mühle R89 razor, this combo was so smooth no razor burn no nicks no weepers and I could go with long strokes. It was good for 3-4 shaves then it became blunt.
I love the Bic blades, one of my favorites very sharp and smooth

just got a quick question about pre shave, so i normally apply pre shave with my hands, does anyone use their shaving brush with the pre shave and then straight to the soap/cream/stick etc?
I apply pre-shave with my hands. For the Shave Secret oil, put about 3-5 drops in you palm and rub your hands together for a second or two to coat them with the oil, and then rub into the skin you're going to shave. (Be careful when handling your razor as this adds slickness to your hands and fingers.) It is possible to shave only with the oil, but this can cause a lot of oil and stubble buildup on the blade. To reduce this, I use less oil (about 3 drops) and then apply my shave soap or cream on top of it.

hey so I keep going through stages due to my mental health where I have these dips of no motivation or desire to shave, it's just simply like a burden that need to get it over and done with

Then there's times where I really enjoy it

I'm sure you guys who shave everyday must naturally have your up and down days, how do you push past it and stick to it regardless of your mood?

I change things up. I have multiple razors, soaps, brushes & bowls. I rarely shave with the same set up more than 5 days in a row. This month I have chosen to participate in SEptember and using my multiple SE razors puts some challenges to my shaves. At least this works for me.

I'm not reading this whole thread from what comes across as a trollish topic. All I'll say is the old saw, "If I have to explain it you, you won't understand."

The practice of waking up, showering, and starting my shave is one of my favorite just me moments of the day. Making lather, and shaving 3 to 4 passes is something I do 7 days a week. I don't generally have any irritation.

hey so I keep going through stages due to my mental health where I have these dips of no motivation or desire to shave, it's just simply like a burden that need to get it over and done with

Then there's times where I really enjoy it

I'm sure you guys who shave everyday must naturally have your up and down days, how do you push past it and stick to it regardless of your mood?

I may have up and down days, but that has never affected my motivation to shave. I find it relaxing.

For the past 9 months or so, I’ve been using a random number generator to pick my soap/cream each morning. Since I never know what to expect, it adds the interest. Plus it helps me burn through my less favorite products. Right now, I’ve got about 35 soaps and creams, including samples. I don’t want the number to get any higher than this, so using one up frees me to make another purchase when it interests me.

I change things up. I have multiple razors, soaps, brushes & bowls. I rarely shave with the same set up more than 5 days in a row. This month I have chosen to participate in SEptember and using my multiple SE razors puts some challenges to my shaves. At least this works for me.
Yea I do try to change it up, might have to participate more in these challenges or whatever you call it to get a bit more motivation

The practice of waking up, showering, and starting my shave is one of my favorite just me moments of the day. Making lather, and shaving 3 to 4 passes is something I do 7 days a week. I don't generally have any irritation.
Nice, good to have a routine

How long does the shave take you?

I may have up and down days, but that has never affected my motivation to shave. I find it relaxing.

For the past 9 months or so, I’ve been using a random number generator to pick my soap/cream each morning. Since I never know what to expect, it adds the interest. Plus it helps me burn through my less favorite products. Right now, I’ve got about 35 soaps and creams, including samples. I don’t want the number to get any higher than this, so using one up frees me to make another purchase when it interests me.
Yea I need to use one of those generators, like you say mixes it up too

What about when it picks products you're not so keen on thought? Lol 😂

Top Bottom