What's new

How do you do it? Shave everyday...

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I first shaved when I was 15 years old and was shaving daily by 18 and I’ve shaved daily ever since including weekends. I don’t consider shaving any more time consuming than taking a quick shower. I’ve been retired for more than 10 years but still shower and shave every day.

Try a change of scene. Get outside, fresh air and sunshine. Take some light exercise outdoors. Find somebody you can visit or spend a little time with. Have a coffee and some light conversation.
When I lived in Kentucky there was a gun club that I belonged to. It’s on 1500 acres of land just outside of Wilmore Kentucky. There were days that I’d go out there just for to get out of the house, a change of scenery, fresh air and to be around like minded people. Even if I didn’t shoot the sounds, smells and company made for a nice day especially on a nice fall day. That and a good shave is my definition of perfection

Part of me wishes I could shave everyday to try out the different gear I got but then there's a part of me which is like who cba lol

I respect you lot who can do it day in day out

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I feel the same way...I wish I could shave everyday, but it's not necessary for me. More importantly though...if I pushed it and tried to shave every day, I would end up causing the same problems as when I used disposables when I was younger...blotchy, irritated redness mess. Every other day is possible for me...that's good enough...I'm happy when I can shave every other day.

I feel the same way...I wish I could shave everyday, but it's not necessary for me. More importantly though...if I pushed it and tried to shave every day, I would end up causing the same problems as when I used disposables when I was younger...blotchy, irritated redness mess. Every other day is possible for me...that's good enough...I'm happy when I can shave every other day.
Yea I can head shave like every 2 days but I've shaved for a few days in a row but got irritation

Think it's more wanting to use my gear up more then anything as it all lasts long lol 😆

I shave daily. When I get irritation it's because I didn't prep sufficiently, used poor technique, or a combination of both.

My irritation usually results from insufficient slickness/protection in whatever product I'm using (usually this is a shave soap). But whatever the reason, the two pre-shaves I have tried work great: Proraso white and the Shave Secret oil. Once I started using those, I no longer get irritation.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
When I shave five days a week the stubble hasn't had a chance to grow in. This makes for less work on the blade. I can also do a modified one pass wtg and xtg pass pulling lather. A modified one pass means it's actually like two passes without rinsing and lathering. It's good enough for the day.

Part of me wishes I could shave everyday to try out the different gear I got but then there's a part of me which is like who cba lol

I respect you lot who can do it day in day out

It’s not clear whether you’re refraining from shaving every day because you think your skin can’t handle it, or because you just don’t want to be bothered. If it’s the latter, I would think your desire to try out the stuff you have would be sufficient motivation. But, whatever! We all have our own reasons for doing this.

Reactions: saj
It’s not clear whether you’re refraining from shaving every day because you think your skin can’t handle it, or because you just don’t want to be bothered. If it’s the latter, I would think your desire to try out the stuff you have would be sufficient motivation. But, whatever! We all have our own reasons for doing this.
It's more due to irritation so yea my skin

Either way takes effort and commitment to do it everyday

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I tend to shave every other day..... there are exceptions. I very seldom go somewhere without shaving but we don't go out as much as we used to. I guess we're still stuck in Covid mode to some degree. If I get busy doing stuff around the house, I'll shower and skip the shave if it gets late. I don't like shaving after the sun goes down. I love the golden hour light and usually shave near that time.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I shave daily. When I get irritation it's because I didn't prep sufficiently, used poor technique, or a combination of both.

My irritation usually results from insufficient slickness/protection in whatever product I'm using (usually this is a shave soap). But whatever the reason, the two pre-shaves I have tried work great: Proraso white and the Shave Secret oil. Once I started using those, I no longer get irritation.

There's definitely truth here! ^

I currently shave every other day but I used to shave daily as a sales manager. I use razor blades only 2 or 3 shaves and use a nice thick slick lather of shave soap. I have been doing that for the past 14 or so years.

I would try a pre-shave and see if it reduces your irritation (works for me).
just got a quick question about pre shave, so i normally apply pre shave with my hands, does anyone use their shaving brush with the pre shave and then straight to the soap/cream/stick etc?

Top Bottom