What's new

How big is your Polsilver stash?

According the the MOASSS's....

screenshot_459.jpg

The Wizamet Iridium Super blades were made in Lodz Poland. When Gillette bought that plant, they ended production of the Wizamet, replaced it with Polsilver SI and shifted production to the Russian PPI plant.

This is some good Intel. What about the Gillette plant in India where they are making Wilkinson Swords? I don't know much of the history on that either..

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
This is some good Intel. What about the Gillette plant in India where they are making Wilkinson Swords? I don't know much of the history on that either..

I dont know which blades are made there.

Where do you guys buy yours? I want to buy these in bulk but I'm holding off because of reports of possible counterfeits. Also some of the places recommended throughout this forum seems to have raised their prices under false declarations of seized production.

Where do you guys buy yours? I want to buy these in bulk but I'm holding off because of reports of possible counterfeits. Also some of the places recommended throughout this forum seems to have raised their prices under false declarations of seized production.

Razor Blades Club. $16.95 shipped. They haven’t raised their price one bit. I’m not sure where you guys have been looking with increasing prices? I also have a hard time believing there are counterfeit blades out there for the price point.

My modest stash is below. 90 modern and 250 vintage. A few tucks are with my daily shave stuff. I find the vintage shaves better than modern, but both are great. Plus, I love the smell of old gear oil on the old blades.
proxy.php

Interesting. I've not tried those but I like the Indian version
Gillette plant Baddi in India makes the Black ninja and Green permasharp blades only. Wilkies are outsourced to Gillette China now. To me they aren't as sharp or comfortable as old Indian stock. Wilkinson now tug by 2nd shave. 365 are still made in India but outsourced locally. They are beyond bad.

Top Bottom