What's new

How big is your Polsilver stash?

51eiaPtz7hL._SL1000_.jpg
Gentlemen I have been mulling over about getting Polsilver Iridium from ebay. I have tried a sample puck and results have been superlative for me IF I shave after shower. Better than my regular Feathers and Gillette Indian Blacks IF I shave before shower (Which is usual with me).

I was wondering those who like Polsilvers; how large a stash of these you gentlemen have ordered for use?

Right now I have 92 in my stash. They are my favorite out of the 5 blades (Nacet, 7 O'Clock green, Astra SP and Personna red are the other 4) I rotate through. They work well in both my razors. (Fatip Grande & RR German 37 slant)
I change blades after 7 shaves but one time I rode a Polsilver SI to over 12 shaves. Felt the same as it did on the 1st shave.
I bought them from razorbladesclub.com. Kind of a cumbersome website. And a strange way to get 100 blades. They list the Polsilver SI blades at $16.95 for 100. But you must add 5 more blades ($1.29) to actually get 100. Ask me how I know! But you get free shipping & tracking. They come from Sweden via German post. I got mine about a week after placing the order.

No stash of anything, one or two blades, have been one of my favourite blades and will order another tuck next time i order blades.

dave

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I think it's around 900. I figured I may as well be done with counting for a while.

I bought 100 feathers from Thailand when I visited couple months ago. They are ultra sharp but thats about it and suddnely seems to hit a wall after 3 shaves. I wish they were more comfortable though.
My go to blades have been Gillette 7 O'Clock Platinum (Got almost 1500). They are sharp and very comfortable; I get 4 shaves out of them.
But Polsilvers turned out super smooth for me and lasts 4 shaves. Getting to know that new Polsilvers are just the same as legendery Wizmat Polsilvers is plus for meandI am thinking ordering a hoard of 500 bladesas I hate wandering about in smaple wasteland.
There is a seller on ebay sending 100's for $ 15.99 with free postage and tracked. But his packaging is meh. He simply shove them in a letter and you get blades alright but tuck covers are all sqashed.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Polsilvers... none, zilch, zero, nada, never again. The only blade I've found so far that really doesn't work for me.

However...

As to bulk buying my own favourites, I have only bought 100 of my favourite blade (Wilkinson Sword Classic), but then kept exploring. I found another blade very cheap that worked well for me too, and have a good dollop of those too now. Then I found another killer deal I couldn't ignore....

That's my preference, to get a 100 of a few different blades that work for me. If I happen to switch razors at any point, having a few in stock means improving the chances of my stock blades suiting the new razor.

Other blades that I've found to be bulk purchase worthy are Feathers, 7 O'Clock SharpEdge, Astra SP, and Derby Premiums. The only reason I haven't ordered a dollop of any of those yet, is because I might already have all the blades I'll ever need.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
View attachment 894628 Gentlemen I have been mulling over about getting Polsilver Iridium from ebay. I have tried a sample puck and results have been superlative for me IF I shave after shower. Better than my regular Feathers and Gillette Indian Blacks IF I shave before shower (Which is usual with me).

I was wondering those who like Polsilvers; how large a stash of these you gentlemen have ordered for use?

I love them!

~130 left, maybe. If I use them for 20 shaves each, shaving every other day, I'm good for 10 years!

SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium, in my Gillette NEW SC, is the equal to them in every way and they're almost half the cost.

Super-Max Super Blue Diamond TITANIUM

Esox I have read your review on them Blacks and they are my favourite as well but Polsilver just worked out better in terms of sharpness and comfort against the Blacks.
This is coming from someone who lives in india and get the Blacks for almost half the price of retail.
BTW avoid those 5+2 tucks, they are kind of 'improved' 7OC greens, lol. Don't ask how I know but you do know there are no free lunches

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Esox I have read your review on them Blacks and they are my favourite as well but Polsilver just worked out better in terms of sharpness and comfort against the Blacks.
This is coming from someone who lives in india and get the Blacks for almost half the price of retail.
BTW avoid those 5+2 tucks, they are kind of 'improved' 7OC greens, lol. Don't ask how I know but you do know there are no free lunches

The Gillette Black blades are nice yeah, but they dont have the cutting power for a first pass ATG shave in my Grande. Polsilver does it easily. They are however a top pick of mine for a more traditional 3 pass shave.

I dont think I've used a smoother blade than the Gillette Green, but they lack a bit of sharpness for me. A Gillette Yellow is a Green on steroids. Fantastic blades. Smoother and as sharp or sharper than Polsilver, but I only got 9 shaves from one. The Polsilver I tossed to try the Yellow was on shave #20 and had lots left in it.

I've tested over 20 different blades in my Fatip Grande. All shaves starting with shave #7, with a Feather blade, on page 5 I think are done directly ATG first pass at 48 hours, or longer.

My Grande Journey

Maybe 270 PolSilver. At one time I had just under 1,000. Lately I have been using Gillette Platinum Russian which I have 400+. These are the same as PolSilver IMO but no threat of production stopping.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
These are the same as PolSilver IMO but no threat of production stopping.

Production isnt stopping for Polsilver blades.

This comes up now and then. You can search the posts by @Mischka. I believe he works at the PPI plant.

Another member on this forum emailed Gillette directly. Why kill one of your best selling products.

Just checked my email again. Got a reply from Gillette, finally. This is a reply from a customer service Rep who didn't know and said he'd check with management and get back to me.

"Hi Chad,

Thanks for being patient as my managers looked into this inquiry. We still manufacture Polsilver blades, but since they're intended for sale in Central Europe we don't have information here as to where to find them.

I did do a quick search and saw Amazon is currently stocking them. We rely heavily on consumer comments when it comes to things we may change/improve in the future. I can assure you that I will be passing this information along to the rest of my team! I can't make any promises that we will never discontinue these.

Thanks again for reaching out. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to get back in touch!

I hope you have a wonderful day, Chad.

Taylor
Gillette Team"

So yes. According to Gillette who manufactures the blades, they ARE still in production. It was just a rumor started by a vendor to make money.

I only have one tuck of Polsilvers. :a19::a19:

BUT I have 50+ Wizamet super iridiums (which are just a bit better IMO)! :a29::a29:

I admit that some here think these are the same blade.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I admit that some here think these are the same blade.

The Wizamet Iridium Super blades were made in Lodz Poland. When Gillette bought that plant, they ended production of the Wizamet, replaced it with Polsilver SI and shifted production to the Russian PPI plant.

I've used many Polsivers, but only one Wizamet. I couldnt tell them apart, but one blade doesnt make for a lot of experience.

None. To be honest the seven year hysteria and hucksterism about them "going out of production.. no really this time" and related price gouging has led me to dismiss them on principle. Now that they are only twice as expensive as my Supermax BDP and 50% more than my Nacet and BICs I may give them a go next big eBay sale. Color me extremely skeptical about the magic surrounding them (or any other blade for that matter), the fact that this thread even exists strikes me as kinda bizarre.

Last edited:
Top Bottom