What's new

Holsters

As mentioned, I'm a huge Milt Sparks fan, going back to 2002, about the time when Denver opened up our ability to have a concealed weapons permit. Mine is #25.

Milt Sparks Axiom OWB with mag carrier. Pistol is a Dan Wesson CCO 1911 .45ACP.
20180124_180245.jpg

Here's a Milt Sparks Nexus, IWB, very thin, very comfortable.

20180124_180334.jpg

Here's an NLG OWB for a Glock 19
20180124_180446.jpg
from Milt Sparks, a fully thin lined 55BN. Discontinued probably because it's too expensive and difficult to manufacture. A truly great holster.

I've had a number of Milt Sparks holsters and mag carriers over the years but am down to these two primary carry pistols. I also have extra mag carriers for both pistols, and the Glock 19's is not pictured. Milt Sparks, with Tony Kanaly the owner leading a great crew, makes the finest gun leather at the most competitive prices in the country. I have one Josh Bulman Pancake for the Glock, not pictured, he's a fine holster maker, a disciple of the late, great Lou Alessi, and I had two of Lou's holsters.

If I buy a Sig P365... very light and small micro compact 9mm, I might go Kydex from Tulster for the ultra thinness. We'll see.

Enjoy the pics.

Sparks makes a wonderful holster. I have two PMK models which are used for woods duty (Ruger GP 100 and a S&W 29). Excellent product.
I was really hoping to pick up an Axiom
for my Sig P220R...alas seems they are only made for the 1911 platform. Wound up with a Mitch Rosen.

As mentioned, I'm a huge Milt Sparks fan, going back to 2002, about the time when Denver opened up our ability to have a concealed weapons permit. Mine is #25.

View attachment 855355

View attachment 855359

Here's an NLG OWB for a Glock 19 View attachment 855354 from Milt Sparks, a fully thin lined 55BN. Discontinued probably because it's too expensive and difficult to manufacture. A truly great holster.

I've had a number of Milt Sparks holsters and mag carriers over the years but am down to these two primary carry pistols. I also have extra mag carriers for both pistols, and the Glock 19's is not pictured. Milt Sparks, with Tony Kanaly the owner leading a great crew, makes the finest gun leather at the most competitive prices in the country. I have one Josh Bulman Pancake for the Glock, not pictured, he's a fine holster maker, a disciple of the late, great Lou Alessi, and I had two of Lou's holsters.

If I buy a Sig P365... very light and small micro compact 9mm, I might go Kydex from Tulster for the ultra thinness. We'll see.

Enjoy the pics.

For sure the Nelson “Avenger” holster pattern is an icon. Ritchie Leather has released a similar holster at an introductory price of $100. Were I in the market for a rig like that, I would be all over this one
proxy.php

I had a Ritchie Pancake before my Axiom arrived. Excellent workmanship. He too was a disciple of Lou Alessi near Buffalo, NY. Ritchie makes fine holsters and the Bruce Nelson pattern shown is an excellent example. When I had my Sigs, P220 and P226, both were in the Sparks' NLG holster. The 55BN that Sparks sells would work well for the P220. So would the Ritchie Nelson Avenger. That $100.00 price is extremely competitive.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

View attachment 855355

View attachment 855359

Here's an NLG OWB for a Glock 19 View attachment 855354 from Milt Sparks, a fully thin lined 55BN. Discontinued probably because it's too expensive and difficult to manufacture. A truly great holster.

Enjoy the pics.

Been checkin' out the P365 myself lately. I likey! Looks like they studied everything where the G43 fell short. Might just be my very first Sig. :)

Sparks makes a wonderful holster. I have two PMK models which are used for woods duty (Ruger GP 100 and a S&W 29). Excellent product.
I was really hoping to pick up an Axiom
for my Sig P220R...alas seems they are only made for the 1911 platform. Wound up with a Mitch Rosen.

I had a Milt Sparks PMK for my daily a Ruger SP 101 .357Mag. And was not pleased at all. In fact I sent it back to them, they returned it to me with same problem. I ended up selling it on ebay. IMHO there seems to be a design flaw (I am not a holster maker, but certainly can put forth my opinion) The mouth reinforcement wrapped around and through the forward belt channel thus making it narrow to the point as to where I could only get a dress belt through it. There was no way to "block" it and expand it to the point where I could get a decent gun belt through it to support the weight of my daily. Just a view from the cheap seats. Beyond that their work is impressive.

806938DB-902F-4717-89A3-F8BE029B10B8.jpeg
642BE21F-07E4-4F30-9043-A3B5B25F1194.jpeg
4C26E0DA-6753-4522-B1E2-CE23556F67B6.jpeg
Sorry the PMK didn’t work for you. I have no quarrel with Sparks gear, but for EDC of a small frame revolver, there is/are a better mousetrap....
The Andrews Saddle holster is the best holster of it’s kind....in my opinion.
Secure, very easy to carry, most concealable, not all that spendy either.
Highly recommended.
Here are a couple I use for my J-frames and another for a S&W .45 Shield.

Best to call....
(904) 679-4997
Andrews Custom Leather
Tell Sam that Tim sent you. Safe bet he can make you a holster with no problem.

View attachment 855674 View attachment 855675 View attachment 855676 Sorry the PMK didn’t work for you. I have no quarrel with Sparks gear, but for EDC of a small frame revolver, there is/are a better mousetrap....
Highly recommended.
Thank you,
View attachment 855674 View attachment 855675 View attachment 855676 Sorry the PMK didn’t work for you. I have no quarrel with Sparks gear, but for EDC of a small frame revolver, there is/are a better mousetrap....
Highly recommended.
No need to be sorry. I appreciate the come-back, but I am pretty well set in the holster dept. for my daily...Thanks again and have a safe weekend.
Best Regards
Ron

I am a bit of an outlier. I tend to go almost exclusively AIWB and Kydex with a g35/34. Given your stated Leather OWB then Leather IWB choices, my question to you is what belt are you using. A purpose designed gunbelt (leather 2 ply for example) or a Wilderness 5 stich Frequent Flyer Belt make all the difference in the world.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I am a bit of an outlier. I tend to go almost exclusively AIWB and Kydex with a g35/34. Given your stated Leather OWB then Leather IWB choices, my question to you is what belt are you using. A purpose designed gunbelt (leather 2 ply for example) or a Wilderness 5 stich Frequent Flyer Belt make all the difference in the world.

I cannot imagine how you do this? That's alotta gun for appendix. I would think you have got to be really tough and can ignore pain or discomfort? You are Special Forces and know something we don't or have been trained to ignore pain & comfort? Or just really freakin' tall? :)

Okie,
In a nutshell, I do it with quality, purpose built gear. Buy quality, CRY ONCE. One simply makes a commitment to dress around the gun. I shoot a G35/34 best because I have the most rounds downrange with that platform relative to a G19 or 17. Therefore that is the platform I carry most of the time.

I came from a 1911 tradition (mostly IWB) such that the weight of a loaded G35 is till lighter that an unloaded 5 inch 1911, all steel pistol.

I am 6'2'', 200 ish. 44L in suit jackets, 34 waist/34 inseam though I typically buy 36 waist to give more room for the holster. From the beginning in 2009 when I started carrying AIWB, I have used the Looper or Shaggy kydex holsters by Custom Carry Kydex or the Keepers AIWB by Spencer Keepers. I have always used a two ply leather gunbelt, a 5 stich Wilderness belt or a biothane Maxpedition Liger belt.

Concealment, speed and ability to protect the center line all drove the decision. AIWB in a car, for me, is much more comfortable that IWB/OWB on my "strong" side at 330pm -400pm. Simply put, after a while you get used to it. While I do not completely subscribe to Clint Smith's (Thunder Ranch) quote that "carrying a pistol is supposed to be comforting not comfortable" there is a bit of truth to it.

For the record, while I have trained with a lot of been there done that types, I am just a prosecutor who knows how much I do not know, who needs to train more and could stand to move 5-10 pounds from my butt/gut to my arms/chest.

For me, carrying at 3:30 is the most comfortable. But the honest truth is that how we carry with some degree of comfort is dependent on our body type. I'm short and fat, so appendix carry (even with my snubby) and a good gunbelt (Bigfoot), is not comfortable. I'm working on reducing the fat so that may make a difference. I find that I rarely have a tucked shirt (unless I'm in a suit, and then I have a jacket). I'm looking at more OWB holsters. They are actually easier to conceal than I first thought.

I have a tuckable leather IWB from Craft Holsters for my 9 shield. I wear it at 9:00 or 8:30 (I'm a lefty) depending on whether I'm tucking that day or not. I originally had a kydex, but it didn't cover the rear of the slide, which would dig into my sensitive, doughy skin. :117:

The new holster has a flap of leather that extends the entire length of the slide, getting rid of the issue with the gun rubbing my love handles raw.

Despite much preferring this holster, it doesn't come without its own issue. Given the way it sits on the belt, the gun tries to flip out of my pants when finished at the commode. :blush: If I don't put my thumb on the back of the slide, I'm liable to be looking at the business end of the gun while pulling my pants up.

I have to admit that, although I like the thought of a tuckable holster, I have never been able to make one work (perhaps I'm doing something wrong). I have a GI Industries Silent Thunder and just can't seem to make the whole tuckable thing work for me. I also have a Pure Kustoms Black Ops Pro that is tuckable, but can't get it to happen.

I really think you may like the enhanced pancake OWB from Lobo Gunleather. Here is my J in it.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Holding it upside down fully loaded
proxy.php

Trying to collapse it as hard as I can.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom