What's new

Holsters

I have been carrying for about 2 years now, and over that time I have acquired a box of holsters. I keep searching for the "right holster". I have experimented with OWB and IWB and with both leather and kydex. I find that I prefer leather and OWB (when the circumstances allow). What type of holsters do you guys who carry prefer?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Leather for me. The thin leather for IWB and good heavier leather for OWB. My El Paso Saddlery OWB one is top notch, but I've heard they are getting a little "casual" about answering the phone or replying to emails lately. I haven't dealt with them in years but what I have is great quality...it's the old legendary Tio Sam Myres company.

El Paso Saddlery

S. D. Myres Saddle Company: An Inventory of Its Records, 1898-1969 and undated, at the Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library

S.D. Myres Saddle Company History and Maker Marks - www.vintagegunleather.com California

Leather for my daily...This combo is from....Home Page
concern%20001.jpg

OWB - Leather. Hunter holsters if possible, I have several and like them all.

IWB - Old Faithful. They are a Leather Kydex hybrid, Crossbreed clones. Have a few of these, very comfortable for extended wear, even have one for a Judge, can wear it all day comfortably and no printing. Held together with Chicago screws, with multiple drillings, so there is a fair bit of adjust ability, unlike the Crossbreed.

Kydex for some IWB, Zorn and lasconcealment AIWB rigs, and hybrid mtac for non AIWB. I don't wear owb or have leather holsters.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
You wind up with TWO holster boxes: those that you don't use, and those you do.

What was that tuck-and-pull thing my buddy swore by a couple years ago? $70 and it's in my no-go box.

Worked for him. He's a lot heavier than I am.

AA

You wind up with TWO holster boxes: those that you don't use, and those you do.

What was that tuck-and-pull thing my buddy swore by a couple years ago? $70 and it's in my no-go box.

Worked for him. He's a lot heavier than I am.

AA
Funny, I actually lost weight just for the purpose of AIWB. My wife hadn't really noticed until she saw a one year old pic of me. She told me she liked my face better, then. She loves me.

BE360520-CF36-4204-8A61-D0DA31587B03.jpeg
CF0E7AF3-CAAE-49E6-9A8B-AF04C9D2A380.jpeg
3A6953D6-A077-44A4-8319-9CCA31860868.jpeg
5172EA0B-EE2E-4BEC-912D-E948C82837EC.jpeg

...and for those rare occasions that call for an IWB holster...leather.
Also makes a great medium for knife sheaths as well.

I prefer IWB and leather but have used a leather/kydex on occasion. Thies holsters makes amazing holsters and belts, can't say enough good about them. I've ended up making my own out of leather and have used it exclusively for almost 2 years now...

IMG_2515.JPG

I'm a long time Milt Sparks holster buyer, Axiom OWB and Nexus IWB for Lightweight Commander .45ACP 1911 and an NLG, which is a leather lined 55BN OWB for the Glock 19... also a Josh Bulman Pancake OWB for the Glock 19.

If I buy a much smaller pistol, like a Glock 43, Sig P938 or a newly released Sig P365... I'll be looking at a very thin, kydex premium IWB.

Top Bottom