What's new

Hold off yer brush purchases..... B&B Forum Brush

Wow.... so the prototype arrived... but I am not going to post pictures. Basically it was not even remotely in line with the previous sketches etc, and suffice to say I was awfully dissapointed. I am going to kick this around a bit and see if I/we can't make it work - but the initial prototype was a major let down.

Hi Joel:

Too bad.

I would think that your supplier would have no problem creating exactly what you specified except perhaps for keeping it within the USD100 neighbourhood.

Maybe we could survey members for their ranking of features (physical - size, hair type, dense/loose etc; functional - what the hell do I know about funtion? I'm the new guy here!; aesthetic - handle material, engraving, jewels etc.). Am I talking about a Likert scale? (definitely 1 . . 2 . .3 maybe something like it . . . 4 . . . 5 no Bob, you have no idea what you're talking about)

Given this find out exactly what the artisan can accomodate.

Just a thought.

Another thought, "Thanks for all the work you do here including this project"

And one more, "Have a grand celebration for the 4th!"

Cheers,
Bob

BTW: I had my first shave with my new C&E Badger this morning (bought after all the recommendations from yourself and others here). It was also my first use of any brush. Just awesome!

The Almond Oil Cream just about had me laughing out loud it was sooo unexepectedly wonderful when I cracked open the jar.

Many Thanks

Well TURDS and DOUBLE TURDS (Caddyshack anyone?) on the brush news.

JAG, congrats to you on the enjoyable first shave. Try to stop smiling and feeling your face so much or the neighbors will begin to talk.:biggrin:

Kyle said:
Well TURDS and DOUBLE TURDS (Caddyshack anyone?) on the brush news.

JAG, congrats to you on the enjoyable first shave. Try to stop smiling and feeling your face so much or the neighbors will begin to talk.:biggrin:

"SPALDING!!! You'll have nothing and like it!!"

<referring to the brush> :crying:

joel said:
Wow.... so the prototype arrived... but I am not going to post pictures. Basically it was not even remotely in line with the previous sketches etc, and suffice to say I was awfully dissapointed. I am going to kick this around a bit and see if I/we can't make it work - but the initial prototype was a major let down.
You know that makes me even more confident that when the thing is ready to go we can join in with the utmost confidence. Thanks so much for the committment to your ideals.

MJB

Long long story short..... the prototype that I was sent was totally unacceptable (I am thinking about posting pics of just how awful it was) and it performed medeocre at best. When I raised my concerns I got some "oh sure I can change it" - then a few days later - he backed out of the project. I am in the process of coming up with an alternative option, however I didn't want to mention it, or get anyone too bummed (or excited) in case this new potential option falls through as well. If this doesn't come through, I think I am just going to setup a group buy on acustom plisson Euro-Whites, and try to get them for about $100-120 shipped.

joel said:
Long long story short..... the prototype that I was sent was totally unacceptable (I am thinking about posting pics of just how awful it was) and it performed medeocre at best. When I raised my concerns I got some "oh sure I can change it" - then a few days later - he backed out of the project. I am in the process of coming up with an alternative option, however I didn't want to mention it, or get anyone too bummed (or excited) in case this new potential option falls through as well. If this doesn't come through, I think I am just going to setup a group buy on acustom plisson Euro-Whites, and try to get them for about $100-120 shipped.
I'd be curious to see pics of the prototype compared to what we sent him. The Plisson route would probably end up being much less of a head to manage.

Shame about the prototype failing to meet our required standards, the concept drawings were excellent. I too would be interested to see how the prototype turned out. When this idea was first mentioned, Joel said that the brushmaker in question made $1000 brushes, any chance of seeing some pics of these? Or maybe getting the manufactureres contact details now he is no longer involved with the B&B brush. I would be interested to see what a $1000 shaving brush looks like.

Plisson sounds good to me - almost bought the black pure badger a couple of weeks ago, but bought a little Simpsons "Rover" instead. I'd be interested in a group buy - possibly Plisson could put a B&B stamp or something else on the handle to distinguish the brush.

Joel:

First let me acknowledge the effort you've already put in even though it seems to have come to naught.

My first brush purchase was a C&E Pure Badger. It was made after reading all your reviews and the advice of many members here. I'm exceptionally happy with that purchase and grateful for the help.

I know nothing about Plisson brushes. I'm wondering if you might do a review or start a thread wherein the collective wisdom can accumulate.

It would be nice to have some kind of idea of what it would be like but I've come to trust the judgment of the veterans here and I like surprises. . . :smile:

Bob

JAG said:
Joel:

First let me acknowledge the effort you've already put in even though it seems to have come to naught.

My first brush purchase was a C&E Pure Badger. It was made after reading all your reviews and the advice of many members here. I'm exceptionally happy with that purchase and grateful for the help.

I know nothing about Plisson brushes. I'm wondering if you might do a review or start a thread wherein the collective wisdom can accumulate.

It would be nice to have some kind of idea of what it would be like but I've come to trust the judgment of the veterans here and I like surprises. . . :smile:

Bob

Plisson's really aren't that great... they aren't my first or second choice. First choice was the ful custom forum sketch brush, second choice is something I am working on right now (don't want to get into depth in case it too falls through) and theird choice is the Plisson.

Top Bottom