What's new

Hold off yer brush purchases..... B&B Forum Brush

Holding off my brush purchases???:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I definitely would NOT think so.....com'on.....how can i go on living without at least one brush purchase per two weeks or so.....:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

You're a SBAD addict or you're not, well and i'm definitely NOT:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

DrP

But okay, i promise, this B&B brush will be the last brush i purchase.....promised....

(for the two weeks thereafter...hehehehhe)

drP said:
Holding off my brush purchases???:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I definitely would NOT think so.....com'on.....how can i go on living without at least one brush purchase per two weeks or so.....:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

You're a SBAD addict or you're not, well and i'm definitely NOT:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

DrP

But okay, i promise, this B&B brush will be the last brush i purchase.....promised....

(for the two weeks thereafter...hehehehhe)

I know the feeling Peter, how can I hold off in getting a nice brush like this for this price? Even with 2 brushes on the way......... yet again.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Joel... This is tremendous. Someone who know as much as you testing a brush that's CUSTOM designed by you (us?) is a fantastic opportunity.

Thanks for your hard work and time.

Put one aside for me- I'm all in.

Fellas - as stated in the original post, please PM me as well if you are interested - so I have them all in one place.

Thanks! :biggrin:

Already over 20 guys have pm'ed me wanting one - sight unseen! I better get working on this design! The custom brush maker says he could probably have a prototype for me in a week or so.... so we might get a review/pics sooner than I thought!

full

Above is what I would like the brush handle to ultimately and ideally look like (Credit to Kyle for the above image) the bottom "ball" ideally would be horn, and for the "seperators" have chrome or copper and for the twisted section have wood.

Some possible options if this handle can be done are blonde horn with a light wood (like burled maple) or you could opt for a dark horn with a dark wood - like macassar, or "standard" ebony or the like - or possibly a combo EX: Blonde horn, ebony wood.

The B^B badgerhead would probably not be on the brush in the horn, unless there was some sort of cool way to do it really sharp - but this thing should be a mighty hot lookin' brush - yet also offer a "ball" handle and be incredibly comfortable/practical. Also - a lot of guys worry about horn soaking in water, and wood soaking in water, and if the top is chrome or the like - it might calm some fellas down - however depending on the design - wood might look better.

Since the maker of the brushes is an artist, he may make some changes (which I encourage he do) - however IDEALLY - that should be awful close to the end result *fingers crossed* :wink:

Just look at the above picture - think of blonde horn.....
proxy.php

and burled maple....
proxy.php

Seperated with chrome.... hot damn!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool!

I'd like to encourage those of you who are sitting on the fence to jump in. We're talking an heirloom piece here! I learned a long time ago that opportunities like this are rare; when I didn't take advantage of them I deeply regretted it later.

"The waiting is the hardest part......." Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I might just have some kind of mental fit as I await such as this!!

Ok - so here is the plan fellas - the basic brush offered to the forum in whatever capacity WILL be $100 or less....PERIOD! Depending on the ACTUAL cost of sourced quality materials - minor modifications may have to be made - but they will be disclosed, and shown way ahead of time, so no worries - but the bottom line, anyone who wants one for $100 or less, will be able to buy one for $100 or less.

Depending on the cost of materials some of the options may be small additional add on fee's - like for example, the seperators might be a few extra dollars, or possbly a certain type of more precious/rare wood/amber/etc may be an additional bump if so desired. The REALLY neat thing about these brushes is that due to the materials used, EVERY single brush, REGARDLESS of the options will look markedly different from one another, so each one is a work of art in its own right. When you throw in some of the options that may potentially be added (EX: custom initials and such with semi precious stones) or copper seperators, etc - each one will really have a character of its own - which I personally think is the bee's knees.

No need to sweat it though fellas - as rest assured no matter what the end result entails, you'll see a ton of detailed close up pictures of the end results - and of course no ones "count me in" pm is considered binding - so if you don't like the end result - you can opt out at anytime.

Regardless - if I didn't think this brush would be the best "high end" value of ANY brush created to date... I would not be involved, or heading up this project. After implementing the SMF 1 brush - I had vowed not to do it again... but after I stumbled on this potential gem - I simply could not help but spearhead this project.

The custom maker will be working on the prototype this week.... so in a matter of a week or two, we all may be laying eyes on this beauty for the first time!

Top Bottom