What's new

Hi guys

Hey everyone I wanted to make a quick introduction. I've been lurking around B&B as a guest for a little while now but seeing as today happens to be my birthday, and that I bought myself a new Edwin Jagger DE 89BA11 Barley along with a slew of blades and some soaps, etc. I thought why not join the community, get some insite, and share in the discussions.

Happy shaving gents.

Hey everyone I wanted to make a quick introduction. I've been lurking around B&B as a guest for a little while now but seeing as today happens to be my birthday, and that I bought myself a new Edwin Jagger DE 89BA11 Barley along with a slew of blades and some soaps, etc. I thought why not join the community, get some insite, and share in the discussions.

Happy shaving gents.
Sounds good. You might want to try some face lathering with sticks such as Arko, Tabac, La Toja, etc. Good way to learn how to get proper lather mix.

Gus

Happy Birthday comrade and welcome aboard. Enjoy that DE89. I just bought one too, but haven't tried it yet.

Happy shaving gents.

I'm a Noob myself. Welcome to the forum. I'll be very interested to see how your like your Edwin Jagger 89 as that's the razor I intend to upgrade to once I get my DE shaving technique down. It looks like a very well build razor. Right now I have a Weishi 9306 which is very very mild and probably not built to last, but I only paid $7.99 for it so I'm happy with it for the time being. It's very forgiving as I learn how to shave properly. Please keep me posted as to your progress and your impressions of the EJ. Thanks!

Happy birthday and welcome abeard!

What soaps have you bought? I started with Proraso, it's a good beginners soap I think.

Happy Birthday and Greetings and Salutations to B&B! As a birthday gift to myself, I set up to start DE shaving also.

Thank you all for the welcoming and the birthday wishes. Much appreciated.

To those that are interested, I will definitely let you know my impressions of the EJ DE and how my first few shaves go. I've already done a lot of research and look forward to getting started. I have to say I was apprehensive about pulling the trigger on shaving soaps, seeing as you can't smell over the internet, and because the choices are vast. But I ultimately choose two, the GFT Eucris with the nice black wood bowl and a puck of DRH Arlington. As far as after-shave goes I just went with some Proraso splash to get started.

Lol, I don't even have my razor and blades yet but I can already feel the AD coming on strong. Thing is I don't see a down side to any it.

Top Bottom