What's new

Help Me Pick A TGN Knot For My Wolf Whisker Brush

Zombie thread but I'll reply anyway in case it helps someone out.

You can purchase any knot that you'd like and send it to Peter to install into your handle so it doesn't really matter which knots he offers. He's very accommodating in that regard. These handles are of such a high quality that they deserve some of the very best knots.

I suspect he carries some basic more popular knots that won't tie up a bunch of funds and I do get why he doesn't want to be anyone's personal shopper as this takes time away from making handles. In terms of paying for a knot from a vendor and having it direct shipped I suspect that this might be an option if you chose to do it that way provided the vendor stated clearly that it was for your brush.

I've always purchased the knot and had it sent to me so that I had it in hand when it was needed as well as being able to check it out ahead of time. It's not that bad as you usually have plenty of time to procure your knot while you're waiting for your spot to come up on the list. Shipping isn't expensive to send a knot in a padded envelope or small box as they don't weigh much at all.

Zombie thread but I'll reply anyway in case it helps someone out.

You can purchase any knot that you'd like and send it to Peter to install into your handle so it doesn't really matter which knots he offers. He's very accommodating in that regard. These handles are of such a high quality that they deserve some of the very best knots.

I suspect he carries some basic more popular knots that won't tie up a bunch of funds and I do get why he doesn't want to be anyone's personal shopper as this takes time away from making handles. In terms of paying for a knot from a vendor and having it direct shipped I suspect that this might be an option if you chose to do it that way provided the vendor stated clearly that it was for your brush.

I've always purchased the knot and had it sent to me so that I had it in hand when it was needed as well as being able to check it out ahead of time. It's not that bad as you usually have plenty of time to procure your knot while you're waiting for your spot to come up on the list. Shipping isn't expensive to send a knot in a padded envelope or small box as they don't weigh much at all.
Thank you on your take on it.

[MENTION=73656]dfoulk[/MENTION], Does WW offer the Elite knots?

I don't see them on his knot offerings page as an option.

You can order one directly and send it to Peter to install. I ordered a 26mm Shavemac 2 band fan knot that I sent him to install in my WW brush.

Ok four years later, tell us how it worked out with the knot you chose. Did it shed? Enough backbone.?

Has it been 4 years already? I actually used it yesterday for a head shave. The knot has stood the test of time, no shedding and plenty of backbone. I just wish the brush was bigger as I was not a head shaver at the time I order it.

Top Bottom