SHAVE 027 REPORT
Date:
12/17/2018
Prep: Wash face with hot wash cloth
Soap: VDH Deluxe
Brush: Proraso Red
Razor: Imperial Razor
A/S: Proraso Red

Well the night of the 17th was a good shave. Still a little out of practice with the ATG on the face but the neck was smooth. The face I was still a little nervous. The singing of the blade sounded great, I enjoyed it and the Mrs could hear it across the room which oddly made me smile. Nice CCS! Hope everyone is having a great week and planning on a great weekend! Until the next shave my gents.

OH! I almost forgot. Somehow I got a nice 1cm slice on my face while shaving WTG. No idea how it happened. I was going straight down and was not doing anything out of the ordinary. The cut was completely vertical/perpendicular to the blade.

SHAVE 028 REPORT
Date:
12/17/2018

Well today was another enjoyable shave. With both of my boys running around I kept it to WTG in an attempt to be quicker as I am still fairly slow. A nice CCS, razor felt great and so did my lather. I have been toying with the idea of a different soap to try once my either my VDH or Proraso runs out (which ever happens first). Thinking about trying another sandalwood smell but maybe from one of these artisan soap places I keep hearing/reading about. I am also toying with the idea of a scuttle for home to keep my lather warm. I'll shave my head with my cartridge razor with my lather built in the mug but when I get to my face it is only slightly warm or cold. I think a scuttle would fix that. I also dodged a bullet. My oldest son (9 years) sees the razor on the counter near the sink as I am cleaning up and putting my shave stuff away, he picks it up and goes to strop it blade first, the blade catches and flips the razor vertical/perpendicular to the strop. I stop him (all of 1-2 seconds this took), check my strop which miraculously didn't have a mark or cut on it, and show him how to properly strop. I am not or wasn't mad. It was a simple mistake but to be honest I'm a little happy because his is intrigued with my SR shaves and I would not be surprised if he catches the bug come time to shave. He already has me shave a 1x1 spot on his arm when I am about to shave because he thinks it cool. I hope everyone had a great week and is ready for the weekend and Christmas next week!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
That will be great, having your son doing his first shave with a straight razor. Instant stud! Re the artisan sandalwood, Stirling makes fantastic shave soap and they do have a Sandalwood.
My favorite scent is the Bay Rum which is heavy in nutmeg. Try it. It isn’t expensive

SHAVE 029 REPORT
Date:
12/22/2018

WOW! I believe it is safe to say and I am excited to announce I had a genuine BBS for the first time. Face and neck just fell together nicely. Did my usual at before work routine of WTG followed by ATG with some XTG mixed in. The stars aligned and it was great. Practicing using my opposite hand for directly under the chin for XTG is coming along, I was not hesitant or jumpy going ATG on my face, it was great! It did not take any more time than usual based off of my clock but it felt like it may of been a little longer as I took my time. It was so great. I also had a nice hot lather as I microwaved my mug for 1:30 to heat it and water up. It feels like an early Christmas gift to myself and I'm going to try and duplicate tonight. Hope everyone's weekend is going great and has a Merry Christmas!!!

Top Bottom