What's new

Hello All

Hello all,

My name is Ken and I'm new to the wet shaving world. Still on a cartridge but trying to read and learn more and decide what to do. I have been using a VDH soap and brush for a little over a month as a baby step introduction to wet shaving. I have a huge desire to learn to shave with a straight razor and have been reading several threads by some of you guys learning to use a SR and switching from a DE or a cartridge. I look forward to reading a ton more, learning, and interacting with you.

Ken

Hello all,

My name is Ken and I'm new to the wet shaving world. Still on a cartridge but trying to read and learn more and decide what to do. I have been using a VDH soap and brush for a little over a month as a baby step introduction to wet shaving. I have a huge desire to learn to shave with a straight razor and have been reading several threads by some of you guys learning to use a SR and switching from a DE or a cartridge. I look forward to reading a ton more, learning, and interacting with you.

Ken

Welcome, Ken.

Looking forward to following your journey. It’s a great time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Ken, welcome to the forum. Something tells me it won't be long until you join the straight razor ranks.

proxy.php

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Welcome aboard. You can learn a lot from the folks here on the Straight razor shave clinic. I have benefited a lot from the friendly and easy-going people here. Read up, jump in, and post your adventures.

Greetings. Strap in - this is one heck of a ride you're signing up for! These guys are great, and will help you avoid doing anything too stupid. Unless you're as slow a learner as I am ;)

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Welcome! No reason at all not to start with a straight razor. You can get all the information and help you need here and don’t hesitate to ask any thing that you want to know.

Hi and Welcome Ken!!! To the Darkside of shaving once you master this you will get the benefit of a proper shave, Trust me when I say it is endless blade size, grind, strops and hones its a very deep hole I know I'm right at the bottom.....

But It's a fantastic journey and you will meet some of the most fantastic Gent's around......

I had the same wishes as you when i started, and we both started in the same way. I jumped right in to getting my straight, then I switched from cartridge to straight the very next day. I can wholly recommend http://www.whippeddog.com/ Larry can really sharpen a blade, and a sight unseen classic for 40$ is truly a steel (bad pun sorry).

Well today is an exciting day. My SR and strop kit came in from Larry today. I will give it a test run tonight after my shower before bed. I am at work kind of early, well not at work but on the road to work, so I generally shave at night instead of the morning to save a little time. I'm looking forward to my first shave!

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

It's not the prettiest in the world but I am very happy about it. I tried to stage a picture like you guys do. I do not think it turned out as well but oh well. Excited for tonight. I'm also practicing my stroping too. Using a butter knife to try and perfect a technique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Nice razor. If you are a fireman, you should have no fear of a straight razor. You guys are fearless and much admired.

Nice razor. If you are a fireman, you should have no fear of a straight razor. You guys are fearless and much admired.

Thank you!!! Over the years I have experienced a few things here and there, this is just as exciting and look forward to it.

Does anyone else here shave at night for the next day?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
When I worked I could but now that I’m retired, it is strictly a morning pleasure after the dog walk. It is a great plan when you are learning because you can shave every day with no rush which will greatly wax your skis.

Top Bottom