What's new

Haslinger

Wow, this was a pleasant surprise. Not sure why I haven't bought this before, but it was really good. I only do face lathering because I find it easier to get the right consistency directly on my skin and I love hard soap like this one that makes it easy to adjust the right amount from the puck when I load the brush.
The soap gives also a nice slickness.

When it comes to the scent, this is the definition of what traditional soap should smell like. Simple light, clean, fresh scent with minimal perfume. I think Shafmilch is close to MWF with perhaps a slight hint of honey.

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

Haslinger does make some darn fine soaps! Most have scents on the lighter side of the spectrum, although I find the Spa Sandalwood to be their strongest scent and a nice sandalwood to boot.

Great lather, hard puck, fairly inexpensive considering the trend of increasing soap costs these days. Hell even the newer vegan formula is fantastic IMO. Some complain about the smaller size of the puck but for how long soaps last it's not a concern just enjoy the journey along the way.

They are under the radar, well priced lather gems... the scent profile especially the sandalwood is not quite robust enough in my usage of them yet for the price and shaving action are great value.

I know it's very subjective, but for me, Haslinger Schafmilch is as good as any other soap I've ever used, and that includes some very fine and much more expensive soaps. It produces such a thick creamy lather with ease, and as others have mentioned, the post-shave feel is unmatched.

I know it's very subjective, but for me, Haslinger Schafmilch is as good as any other soap I've ever used, and that includes some very fine and much more expensive soaps. It produces such a thick creamy lather with ease, and as others have mentioned, the post-shave feel is unmatched.
I used many Haslinger pucks over the years, all the older Tallow, they were all awesome.

It is easily top 3 soaps I have ever ever tried. Given the scent selection, mild aroma, it could be used exclusively without getting tired of it.

Tallow Tabac (my current 3017 soap) is equally as good a performer in every way, the larger puck is better for loading but scent isn't even close as enjoyable as Haslinger Coconut or Honey.

The Sensitive is really good, too, IMHO. The scent, what little there is, reminds me of spackling compound used to repair walls, but it is such a mild scent you can ignore it and there is no lanolin for those that prefer that.

Haslinger is a great soap. A great, economical, veggie soap! A soap for the people!

Since stuff like Cella, Tabac, Vitos and Arko are all off the menu for me due to fragrance allergies, I am doubly grateful for the existence of Haslinger. I have a few pucks in my stash but I really should get more just in case it becomes difficult to find again. It just shows what can be done with a veggie formulation when the manufacturer really cares about the quality of their product.

Top Bottom