What's new

GIVEAWAY! Happy Go Lucky PIF!

I choose to be happy. It's a choice I make each day. I want all of you to be happy, as well! Retelling what makes us happy, or laughing, helps ourselves & those it's shared with.

This pif is simple to enter. Say "I'm in" & you're entered. But wait, would you like an extra entry or two extra entries? Here's how:

Say "I'm in" then tell me either what makes you happy, or tell me a joke. That will get you a second entry.
Tell me a joke that makes me laugh & you get a third entry! (BTW, it's easy to make me laugh)

What will you win? I'm glad you asked.
- An Omega boar brush that has been hand lathered several times so it's starting to break in nicely.
- A tub of Stirling Intrepid Man shave soap generously donated by @Zora.
- A tuck of Astra SP blades
- I'll throw in a bottle of some type of aftershave as well.

Due to the aftershave, this pif is CONUS only.
This pif is open to anyone that hasn't won a pif in the past 12 months. If you have only won one of my monthly Newbie Blade pifs, you are still eligible to enter this pif. I'll pick a winner by random number generator in a week or two.

So come on folks, let's share happy thoughts!!!!!
IMG_4284.jpg

I'm NOT in. But I wanted to share how great an online community is.

I moved to a new geographic area just in time for pandemic lockdowns. One of my sons became interested in traditional shaving. I found B&B to be an awesome place to learn to get him (and myself, and his brother) into traditional shaving. B&B quickly became a community I was able to connect with when connection outside my household meant mostly online. As things have opened up I have introduced people in my physical sphere to traditional shaving, sharing soaps, razors, and brushes.

What makes me happy? Human connection. B&B has filled a need during the last two years, and I love sharing knowledge and gear with people in my physical sphere of existence now.

With excitement and overwhelming gratitude, I declare myself in! I've been thinking about buying my first boar brush, this PIF is perfect timing.

Let's see, make you laugh...

Two muffins were sitting in an oven.

One turned to the other and said, "Wow, it's pretty hot in here."

The other one shouted "Wow, a talking muffin!"

Thanks for the great PIF!!

Here is one from way back. (modernized) that made me smile
A woman is exasperated with her kids continual swearing. They are only in grade school, but drop swear words like a drunken sailor. She tells her friend "I don't know what to do! they won't stop swearing and they never believe me when I when I say there will be consequences." Her friend replies "You need to shock them and show you are serious. Next time they swear, take their smartphone away and smash it. That will surely get their attention and show them that you are serious. They won't swear after that." She says "Well, I'll try anything at this point." - The next morning the first child comes down for breakfast. The mother asks "What would you like for breakfast dear?" the child replies "Give me some of those damn Cornflakes" The mother yanks his phone from his hand and smashes it with a hammer! The second child is at the top of the stairs and sees this happen. She then asks her "What would you like for breakfast?" She looks at the smashed phone and says "I dunno, but I sure don't want any of those damn Cornflakes!". (rimshot)

I'm in. These are some of the things that make me happy:
  • Resurrecting a vintage razor that looks to have given up the ghost and giving it new life
  • Watching my three sons grow into men
  • Waking up every morning with my beautiful wife and two crazy Pomeranians
  • Racing a go kart
  • Washing my car
There's more that's not fit to print ;)

I'm not in, but I love the sentiment of choosing happiness. Sometimes I get too far away from that, but fortunately not lately.

A hot cup of coffee on a cool morning makes me happy.

A tight hug with a loved one.

A good meal.

Rain.

Many things make me happy when I'm open to being happy!

I'm in.. If thats okay....

Friends make me happy....

An old man with hearing problems crashed his car into a very expensive automobile.
The owner of the expensive automobile jumps out and confronts the old man
and says “Give me $10,000 cash or I will beat you to a pulp!”
The old man replies, “Woah wait buddy, I don’t have that much money
but let me call my son, he trains dolphins.” The old man dials his son and
as he is about to speak the owner of the expensive car yanks the phone
out of his hand and says “So you train dolphins, well your old man just hit and
damaged my car, you bring me $10,000 or I’m gonna beat the heck outta him!”
The son answers “Okay, give me 15 minutes and I’ll be there.”
In exactly 15 minutes the son pulls up in a Jeep, Ten men jump out
and beat the hell out of the expensive car owner.
Meanwhile the son walks over to his father and says “Dad I told you I train Navy Seals not dolphins."

I'm in. 😉

Honestly what makes me happy is to help others. There really isn't a better way to make yourself feel better than to do what you can to help other people feel better. And one way to make other people feel better if to help them.

I like going out of my way to offer my assistance or simply be a reliable point of contact for people when they need it. I do this in my professional and my personal life. What can I say. It feels good.

Joke:
At a party, a young wife admonished her husband, “That’s the fourth time you’ve gone back for ice cream and cake. Doesn’t it embarrass you?”

“Why should it?” answered her spouse. “I keep telling them it’s for you.”

Top Bottom