What's new

Haha, wow, Red Tips RULE!

One day, when funds have built up a bit, I will look for one on here. At the moment, I am out of cash....

But - I have a blue tip (shaves too gently for me) and a SS, which is OK - but that red tip.... so far has eluded me!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
One day, when funds have built up a bit, I will look for one on here. At the moment, I am out of cash....

But - I have a blue tip (shaves too gently for me) and a SS, which is OK - but that red tip.... so far has eluded me!

They're elusive because some B*stards here are hoarding them!!!!:lol::w00t::lol:

I also love the open combs. But the red tip is the only non-open comb gillette that I've kept in my rotation. Works wonderfully with a feather, especially. I like it so much, I bought a cased, unused backup. So I should be set for a while.

Glad I picked both of my red tips up when i did. My other one has all the paint entact and is in excellent condition, as well. It is in my regular five razor rotoation. In fact I test all different blades in the red tip first.

I can see this thread causing a run on Ebay and driving up prices. Is the red tip replacing the fatboy as the newbie holy grail????:001_tt1:

I'm glad I bought mine when I did too. The fatboy and the redtip are really pricey these days, both are really popular already, so don't worry about this thread. If you want to know why prices are so high, just look at the amount of people that have 2 or more in their own personal collection :closedeye

Even a few months ago there were threads mentioning the fatboy breaking the $100 mark and the red tip getting up to $80. Got the slim adjustable before it broke the $20 mark too, now I see them for $40.
I'd already got mine back then as was working on the collection of NEWs and GEMs for under $10ea, they're probably the next to go up and break the $20 mark :lol:

First red tip shave this morning. Decided to use an unremarkable blade (Walmart Personna) and was very impressed.

This is an eBay pickup that didn't clean up as well as I'd hoped. Silo doors are cloudy, one end cap is missing and the handle looked rough before I used the metal polish but shaves just fine. $9 including shipping.

- Chris

Haha, what a lovefest I started! Lol. I'm still loving mine, though I've decided to learn how not to kill myself with my 1912 Gem this week, and I think I've finally cracked it this morning (the technique, not the razor).

Hah, whoda thunk that the science of removing hair from our faces would be worthy of so much spirited discussion? :biggrin: <3 BB

Best US Super Speed, hands down and closest thing to shaving with British Gillette. And don't believe the talk about them being too aggressive!

Here are mine. The cased example is incredibly clean with no sign of any paint loss. And the loner's condition is very close to its brother! :001_smile

proxy.php

R

rainman

Best US Super Speed, hands down and closest thing to shaving with British Gillette. And don't believe the talk about them being too aggressive!

Here are mine. The cased example is incredibly clean with no sign of any paint loss. And the loner's condition is very close to its brother! :001_smile

proxy.php

They are beauties. Also joined the club.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

proxy.php

Those are gorgeous. I love it the way the knurling catches the light just so....

I have a really nice red tip I got off the bay about a month ago, so why am I still watching red tips on the bay? I have a perfectly good one....

Red Tips should be shaved hard and put away wet.

I appreciate the historical value of the minty cased ones, but a Red Tip was meant to unleash a can of whupass shaving on some ugly mug.

We need some pictures of ugly, water stained, working class Red Tips.

My re-action after finding my first Adjustable, exactly. The owner lady asked quickly if she should get the keys to that cabinet.... YES! I said. I am still looking/lurking for a red-tip.

Top Bottom