What's new

Group Buy Tcheon Fung Sing (TFS) "Bergamotto Neroli" 125g Shave soap

Same experience here. What a great lather and the smell is fantastic. I get a nice creamsicle scent. Mmmmmm
test lathered the TFS today...WOW...it's up there with KL and MdC for latherability and the scent was amazing.

the lather was jumping out of the container. i only had to load 1/2 time from most soaps (MdC excluded)

i'm ready to it's 1st use tomorrow. it was going to be another MdC day, but the test lather of TFS was good enough to bump it :001_tt1:

View attachment 224061View attachment 224062

I agree that the scent is quite pleasing when compared to MdC. However...

I've used it three times directly on my face and have to say, I'm underwhelmed.
Nowhere close to Mdc in performance.

So tomorrow I'll try using a bowl.

i got to put mine to use this morning, and got a wonderful shave from it.

no issues with the lather or sensitivity to my skin...100% success for me.

i only loaded 1/2 time and still had a ton of left over lather :001_rolle

I find it needs more "working" than MdC.

YMMV and all that, but this truly is a top notch soap. The comparisons to MdC are reasonable based on my experiences, and that is unique among soft soaps IMO

I have been using MdC for a couple weeks now and I think people give MdC (and other soaps like MWF) a bit too much credit. It's nice, but it's certainly not substantially head and shoulders above the rest of the highly rated soaps... Believe me, I was able to make MC perform just OK yesterday with a bit too much water just to see what would happen...

all in all, these soaps perform pretty well. I enjoy the change of pace in scent that Bergamotta-Neroli provides from other sandalwood, cherry, almond, watermint,eucalyptus and whatever scent MWF is...

i don't think bowl lathering will help...

I have finally gotten around to trying this fine soap. It makes an excellent lather but I still put it a notch below the MdC, which for me provides the slickest lather of all.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but I needed to say this and it isn't worthwhile to start a new thread.
I just realized I lived right next to the Barbiere di Figaro for two years... But now I have moved to the UK. Wish I had known before, you guys are making this soap sound incredible.

It DOES make a fine lather in a bowl. I've done that the last two mornings.

Tomorrow its back to the face directly. I'll be paying close attention to the water ratio.
And I'll try different brushes over the next several mornings. Tomorrow it'll be with a Douglas.

More later,
Max

Hey guys,

Now I regret not getting in on buying this stuff! It sounds awesome! But at the time I couldn't really afford it anyway. I'd really like to try it now. Where can I get it, and how much will it be?

i finally got around to using B-N again tonight. i don't know... if you don't think it runs toe to toe with other great soaps, i don't know what to say... i lathered this up nice dense and slick.. very glad i grabbed a pot...

I just shaved with the Rosse twenty minutes ago and I am certainly impressed. Also the size of the sample was very generous. Using my trusty Merkur and Red personna the blade glided easily over my face. Very, very good quality soap.

OK. So I didn't use a Douglas this morning. I used a TGN Finest bulb.
And it WAS a great shave. Still a little funk in the Finest knot, but by paying close attention to the water, it made an excellent lather directly on my face.

And, yes, the scent is quite pleasant. Much nicer than MdC.

Is it better than MdC? Don't know yet. Still more trials needed.

This soap ability to protect my face through a four pass shave and touch up has resulted in BBS some twelve hours later. Ymmv. Personna+Rosse. Sweet.

I have finally gotten around to trying this fine soap. It makes an excellent lather but I still put it a notch below the MdC, which for me provides the slickest lather of all.

I agree. I love the scent of MdC and I think the performance is better as well, but TFS is a serious runner up and the smell is quite refreshing

Top Bottom