What's new

Tcheon Fung Sing - Divino Soap - review/info

So, I've used this 3 times since my initial post. It's going to be my March Madness 4F4 soap.

I'm starting to think this is my favorite soap EVER. I've always liked Italian soft soaps, but this shaves great, and makes my face feel fantastic. Reminds me of a musty Valobra Menthol, with no menthol. :lol:

So, I've used this 3 times since my initial post. It's going to be my March Madness 4F4 soap.

I'm starting to think this is my favorite soap EVER. I've always liked Italian soft soaps, but this shaves great, and makes my face feel fantastic. Reminds me of a musty Valobra Menthol, with no menthol. :lol:

Thanks guitar'slinger,

I am super interested in tfs soaps and I just wanted a cheap but great lathering soap.
I'm hoping this lather as well as DiVino
wpfaa38c06_05_06 (1).jpg

Thx again

Thanks guitar'slinger,

I am super interested in tfs soaps and I just wanted a cheap but great lathering soap.
View attachment 957809

Thx again

Where did you find that? I LOVE the box. FWIW, in that anniversary series, there are 2 different scents, but I don't see it listed on that box. I'm VERY intrigued.

Corte Sabauda (translated "Savoy Court")
Top Notes: Citrus, Mint
Heart Notes: Lily of the Valley, Patchouli, Vetiver
Base Notes: Sandalwood

This one is VERY Floral. I don't like it. That Lily of the Valley is like a funeral home on steroids.

Sotto la Mole (Translated "Under the Mole??")
Top Notes: Orange, Lemon
Heart Notes: Verbena, Litsea Cubeba
Base Notes: Neroli, Geranium

The Verbena and Neroli notes make this smell like Pez candy. Pretty nice, but with some other goings on underneath.

Thanks guitar'slinger,

View attachment 957809

Thx again

You might also be interested in these 1kg bricks, also by TFS and composition seems the same, except for the scent:

Mint & Menthol
1.png

Tobacco
2.png

Citrus
3.png

They cost about €9 in Italy (about the same goes for the Almond 1kg brick). Note: The ingredients of all the 1kg bricks, seems the same as the "Figaro" croap. Whether it's exactly the same or not, is impossible to say, but the ingredients and order of ingredients, is the same.

Consider that 150ml Figaro croaps costs €1,30 and 150ml of TFS Divino costs €16. So i doubt you will get 1kg of Divino. More likely 1Kg of Figaro.

You should ponder carefully, because, according to my statistics based on Figaro, with my rate of consumption, 1Kg of these TFS soaps, would give me 400 shaves. And according to a recent forum poll, i am in the high consumption rate shavers. Someone who uses less soap, will probably end up with 500 shaves out of it.

Last edited:
You might also be interested in these 1kg bricks, also by TFS and composition seems the same, except for the scent:

Mint & Menthol
View attachment 957848

Tobacco
View attachment 957849

Citrus
View attachment 957850

They cost about €9 in Italy (about the same goes for the Almond 1kg brick). Note: The ingredients of all the 1kg bricks, seems the same as the "Figaro" croap. Whether it's exactly the same or not, is impossible to say, but the ingredients and order of ingredients, is the same.

Yeah, those Rasozero soaps are pretty decent. The lemon is better than the Spiffero for some reason. A lot more scent, and it seemed to shave better. I still haven;t shaved with the tobacco, but it smells good.

I dind't know they were doing 1kg bricks of the razozero. COOL!

Also, the TFS bought the Figaro brand, so any new figaro soap is going to be TFS soap. The Figaro gold unfortunately burned me, but it smells SOOO good, and it lathers fantastically. Kind of bummed. I just piffed it yesterday, actually.

Do you know where to get 1KG TFS bricks in USA?? THX!!

Yeah, those Rasozero soaps are pretty decent. The lemon is better than the Spiffero for some reason. A lot more scent, and it seemed to shave better. I still haven;t shaved with the tobacco, but it smells good.

I dind't know they were doing 1kg bricks of the razozero. COOL!

Also, the TFS bought the Figaro brand, so any new figaro soap is going to be TFS soap. The Figaro gold unfortunately burned me, but it smells SOOO good, and it lathers fantastically. Kind of bummed. I just piffed it yesterday, actually.

Do you know where to get 1KG TFS bricks in USA?? THX!!

I think there might be slight batch variancies or even the perfume added to the soap, may hinder somewhat the performance.

I am sorry, i have no idea about USA.

Where did you find that? I LOVE the box. FWIW, in that anniversary series, there are 2 different scents, but I don't see it listed on that box. I'm VERY intrigued.

Corte Sabauda (translated "Savoy Court")
Top Notes: Citrus, Mint
Heart Notes: Lily of the Valley, Patchouli, Vetiver
Base Notes: Sandalwood

This one is VERY Floral. I don't like it. That Lily of the Valley is like a funeral home on steroids.

Sotto la Mole (Translated "Under the Mole??")
Top Notes: Orange, Lemon
Heart Notes: Verbena, Litsea Cubeba
Base Notes: Neroli, Geranium

The Verbena and Neroli notes make this smell like Pez candy. Pretty nice, but with some other goings on underneath.

Mint & Menthol
View attachment 957848

Tobacco
View attachment 957849

Citrus
View attachment 957850

Consider that 150ml Figaro croaps costs €1,30 and 150ml of TFS Divino costs €16. So i doubt you will get 1kg of Divino. More likely 1Kg of Figaro.

You should ponder carefully, because, according to my statistics based on Figaro, with my rate of consumption, 1Kg of these TFS soaps, would give me 400 shaves. And according to a recent forum poll, i am in the high consumption rate shavers. Someone who uses less soap, will probably end up with 500 shaves out of it.

I found it here:
TFS Traditional Shaving Soap Block 1000 ml

I'm not sure I can post it but what the heck lol.

I'm definitely on the low usage list. 2 months and I barely made a dent in my arko stick. I think barely used 5% if that!
IMG_20190301_214922.jpg

I still have another stock of arko and 300g of poraso. Based upon my current usage I'll need 1-2 yrs per stick of arko. 1 kg of tfs will last me a good decade or more lol.

Hello, Im a new member and wanted to say Hi!

IM 35 Years old and 3 weeks ago decided to start wet shaving for the first time! Ive always suffered from sensitive skin so ive always been scared to shave and have been basically using a razor machine trimming my beard for ever.

Decided to definitely shave with the whole Safety Razor and wanted to say its actually awesome! Every morning I wake up with a new adventure!

My mission is to be able to have a baby's face withi CERO irritation or razor bumps, etc!

Hopefully this thread is not too long! If it is I apologize and will learn from it...

So the tools im using:
- View attachment 957885 Viking Revolution microdermabrasion Face Scrub

- View attachment 957886 Proraso Pre-Shave Sensitive Cream

- View attachment 957888 Taylor of Old Bond Street Sensitive Skin Shaving Cream

- View attachment 957891 Parker Safety Razor 100% Silvertip Badger Brush

- View attachment 957892 Merkur Mk34C DE Razor

- View attachment 957893 Derby Extra Razor Blades

- View attachment 957895 Gentleman Jon Alum Block

- View attachment 957894 Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm

The first two weeks I started using the whole Bevel Shaving Kit, but was having a lot of problems with irritation and ingrown hairs. Doing some research decided to try this week the tools you guys see and it has helped a lot but for example yesterday that I shaved got really irritated again on my chin and neck area..I guess im pressing too hard with the razor. Still trying to see the correct angle and correct pressure and passes but still difficult.

So what ive tried now is the following:

1. Wash my face with the face scrub and warm water
2. Rub the badger brush with warm water
3. Put on the Proraso Pre-Shave Cream
4. While Pre-Shave cream is doing its thing I start making my lather with a ceramic bowl and the brush
5. When I feel the shaving cream is ready I start rubing in circles the badger on my face making sure the whiskers are ready to shave and making sure my face and neck has a nice cream on.
6. Then I paint the face and neck with the brush
7. I start shaving WTG "hoping to not press hard and hoping im at the correct 30 degree angle" (I also use each side fo the DE blade after one pass and then use the other side, and then rinse with warm to hot water and keep on that way until I do the whole face and neck)
- The problem I have with this every time is that since I don't put any suppose pressure on my face on the first pass, I sometimes feel the razor starts pulling the hair, so I don't understand how everyone says to put as little pressure as possible.
8. After the first pass, I relather with the Pre-Shave Cream and relather with the shaving cream brush
9. I start the second pass WTG as well doing everything i did on the first pass but probably putting a little more pressure than the first pass since a lot of the hair wasn't shaved.
10. After that, I relather with the Pre-Shave Cream and relather with the Shaving Cream Brush.
11. I start the third pass XTG doing all the steps as the first two passes as well.
12. I rinse with warm water
13. I put the remainder of the shaving cream from the brush on my face with the hands
14. I take a hot shower finishing with a cold quick shower
15. While my face is still wet I use the Alum Block
16. Start cleaning the tools
17. rinse off some of the alum block and hand dry making sure face is still moist
18. Use the Nivea Post Shave Balm

and that's it! Im shaving every other day because every single time I get razor burn!!

Any suggestions are always welcomed!!!!

Thanks guys!

Paul

View attachment 957885

Paul, the best soaps, pre shave creams won't really help if your technique is off. A super sharp razor will cut through any cream or soap.

What you may need to do to go slow. Try n understand, map the growth on your face. Shave with the grain first and if you want to go against the grain do it slowly n carefully n always keep the area lubricated.

Don't try to get bbs for now just work on technique and understanding the map of your facial hair.

Cheers,

Mawashi

I found it here:
TFS Traditional Shaving Soap Block 1000 ml

I'm not sure I can post it but what the heck lol.

I'm definitely on the low usage list. 2 months and I barely made a dent in my arko stick. I think barely used 5% if that!
View attachment 958130
I still have another stock of arko and 300g of poraso. Based upon my current usage I'll need 1-2 yrs per stick of arko. 1 kg of tfs will last me a good decade or more lol.

Paul, the best soaps, pre shave creams won't really help if your technique is off. A super sharp razor will cut through any cream or soap.

What you may need to do to go slow. Try n understand, map the growth on your face. Shave with the grain first and if you want to go against the grain do it slowly n carefully n always keep the area lubricated.

Don't try to get bbs for now just work on technique and understanding the map of your facial hair.

Cheers,

Mawashi

Bought.

First time purchasing from Connaught. PayPal didn’t want to work, but my cc worked fine. Thanks!!!!

I found it here:

View attachment 958130

Mawashi

Well, that's quite a commitment on a single soap! But, if you like it, well, why not... Bang for buck, the various 1kg bricks, sure are unbeatable.

Bought.

First time purchasing from Connaught. PayPal didn’t want to work, but my cc worked fine. Thanks!!!!

Lol that make me lol. Pls post a review for a £10 soap lol!

Well, that's quite a commitment on a single soap! But, if you like it, well, why not... Bang for buck, the various 1kg bricks, sure are unbeatable.

I would have showered with arko but the smell would drive my gf crazy lol. I'll smell like a waking moth ball.
1kg of tfs should really last me at least a decade based upon my current usage lol!

TFS is a strange one indeed as people have mentioned. They have several different soap bases and ingredients making some a bit better than others.

That wine glass one looks interesting but seems it would be difficult lathering from and a bit unique for a shave soap presentation.

I would have showered with arko but the smell would drive my gf crazy lol. I'll smell like a waking moth ball.
1kg of tfs should really last me at least a decade based upon my current usage lol!

I have some Figaro tubs (TFS almond rebranded) and it's fine, especially for autumn-winter, but 10 years of it? I would not be able to stand it. But, if you are used to one soap, then, lucky you!

TFS is a strange one indeed as people have mentioned. They have several different soap bases and ingredients making some a bit better than others.

That wine glass one looks interesting but seems it would be difficult lathering from and a bit unique for a shave soap presentation.

Fwiw, I lathered from the wine glass once. It wasn’t bad. The glass is huge, so it wasn’t that far off from a bowl.

That said, I shower shave, so I don’t like the idea of stemware in the shower. I transferred it to a wooden bowt immediately.

Since the 150ml tin is $20, and the 200ml glass is $30, the glass itself only costs $3.33. And I like luigi bormioli glassware. So, it was worth it to me.

I have some Figaro tubs (TFS almond rebranded) and it's fine, especially for autumn-winter, but 10 years of it? I would not be able to stand it. But, if you are used to one soap, then, lucky you!

I'm a fairly simple guy and can easily use the same thing again and again for years of it works well.

That and I use so little soap I doubt I can finish a 75g stick of arko a year.

I suppose if I'm using a really soft soap like poraso it might go faster but if tfs is anything like arko I might have to use it as a bath soap to finish 1kg of the stuff within a year lol.

I'm a fairly simple guy and can easily use the same thing again and again for years of it works well.

That and I use so little soap I doubt I can finish a 75g stick of arko a year.

I suppose if I'm using a really soft soap like poraso it might go faster but if tfs is anything like arko I might have to use it as a bath soap to finish 1kg of the stuff within a year lol.

The TFS is pretty much like Proraso tub in consistency. Croap. You are a lucky man. I have to keep a minimal rotation of 2 soaps to avoid boredom.

The TFS is pretty much like Proraso tub in consistency. Croap. You are a lucky man. I have to keep a minimal rotation of 2 soaps to avoid boredom.

Hi Boar Fighter,

I guess I'm lucky that way lol.

Being more a caveman I've never thought much about all that metrosexual stuff about all those facial products so anything that works well, is cheap is fine by me lol.

I've been using arko and vie long cachurro 04382 since Jan. I think I've only used poraso once just to test it but it's back in storage till I'm done with the arko lol.

I do rotate my razors and straights just to try n find out which gives me the better shave.

Mint & Menthol
View attachment 957848

Tobacco
View attachment 957849

Citrus
View attachment 957850

Great links! Thanks Paul!
I guess if I bought all those at a go I'll be set till the day I pass on lol.

My Kilo is here!!

proxy.php

I'm stoked. It smells REALLY good. Nice consistency. Connaught was FAST!
Nice! How does it look?
I remember that 3P from years ago also got good reviews. But a lot has changed over the past years in terms of what performance people expect from their soap.

Nice! How does it look?
I remember that 3P from years ago also got good reviews. But a lot has changed over the past years in terms of what performance people expect from their soap.

:lol: it looks like every other Italian almond soap EVER.

I LOVE it. It smells like Fresh P160 or Barberia Bolognini. Sweeter, and fresher than Cella, IMO. Whiter too. I CAN'T WAIT to use it!!!

Top Bottom