What's new

Tcheon Fung Sing - Divino Soap - review/info

:lol: it looks like every other Italian almond soap EVER.

I LOVE it. It smells like Fresh P160 or Barberia Bolognini. Sweeter, and fresher than Cella, IMO. Whiter too. I CAN'T WAIT to use it!!!

I can't wait either!
REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW!!! Lol!

Looks fantastic and pls if possible compare against poraso, arko and tabac!

I can't wait!

I can't wait either!
REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW!!! Lol!

Looks fantastic and pls if possible compare against poraso, arko and tabac!

I can't wait!
proxy.php

First shave with TFS Kilo. In this review, I'm not sure whether to compare to all soaps, Italian Almond soaps, etc.. But here goes:

Scent: Smells great...if you like Italian almond soaps. Sweet like P160. Since it's vegan, there are no off, animal odors. For me, it's a solid 8/10 vs any soap I use.
Lather: Lathered like crazy. more than I can use. 10/10
performance: It's very slick, but not super-protective. I could definitely feel the blade. No irritation though, and no mishaps. Right now, I would say 7/10.
post-shave: This is a very basic soap, ingredients-wise. Not made for ultra cold weather. Definitely didn't turn my face into a tight mess. I feel fine, but I'm not faceturbating at work. I would probably say 7/10.

Overall, this soap seems like an 8.5/10. Not elite, but not a Pif/chuck. For the price, it's an insane deal. If you like P160/valobra/vitos/cella/Barberia Bolognini/etc., you will LOVE this. After the conversion, this comes out to $14.19 for the 1000ml. That comes out to about $1.50 for a normal sized loaf to stuff into a mug or pyrex dish. I don't think there's a better deal if you like this type of soap. Plus, Connaught had it in my hands in like 4 days. Incredible.

proxy.php

First shave with TFS Kilo. In this review, I'm not sure whether to compare to all soaps, Italian Almond soaps, etc.. But here goes:

Scent: Smells great...if you like Italian almond soaps. Sweet like P160. Since it's vegan, there are no off, animal odors. For me, it's a solid 8/10 vs any soap I use.
Lather: Lathered like crazy. more than I can use. 10/10
performance: It's very slick, but not super-protective. I could definitely feel the blade. No irritation though, and no mishaps. Right now, I would say 7/10.
post-shave: This is a very basic soap, ingredients-wise. Not made for ultra cold weather. Definitely didn't turn my face into a tight mess. I feel fine, but I'm not faceturbating at work. I would probably say 7/10.

Overall, this soap seems like an 8.5/10. Not elite, but not a Pif/chuck. For the price, it's an insane deal. If you like P160/valobra/vitos/cella/Barberia Bolognini/etc., you will LOVE this. After the conversion, this comes out to $14.19 for the 1000ml. That comes out to about $1.50 for a normal sized loaf to stuff into a mug or pyrex dish. I don't think there's a better deal if you like this type of soap. Plus, Connaught had it in my hands in like 4 days. Incredible.

Hi guitarslinger,

Hallelujah!!! ROFL!

Let's put it this way I'm happily using green proraso and arko the tfs would be as good if not better as far as smell is concern and I could add a dollop of Nivea cream to add to the protectiveness.

I'm really considering getting more stuff from Connaught before brexit lol!

For some reason, 3p is the first Italian almond soft soap to ever burn me. So I can’t give an unbiased opinion.

Thanks for the info, I had a look at their ingredients lists and they look very similar and questioned whether they could be a similar product but I guess not if you react unfavourably to 3P.

Yeah, those Rasozero soaps are pretty decent. The lemon is better than the Spiffero for some reason. A lot more scent, and it seemed to shave better. I still haven;t shaved with the tobacco, but it smells good.

I dind't know they were doing 1kg bricks of the razozero. COOL!

Also, the TFS bought the Figaro brand, so any new figaro soap is going to be TFS soap. The Figaro gold unfortunately burned me, but it smells SOOO good, and it lathers fantastically. Kind of bummed. I just piffed it yesterday, actually.

Do you know where to get 1KG TFS bricks in USA?? THX!!
Connaught shaving from the U.K. 9.00 a 1000 ml.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I found it here:
TFS Traditional Shaving Soap Block 1000 ml

I'm not sure I can post it but what the heck lol.

I'm definitely on the low usage list. 2 months and I barely made a dent in my arko stick. I think barely used 5% if that!
View attachment 958130
I still have another stock of arko and 300g of poraso. Based upon my current usage I'll need 1-2 yrs per stick of arko. 1 kg of tfs will last me a good decade or more lol.

Paul, the best soaps, pre shave creams won't really help if your technique is off. A super sharp razor will cut through any cream or soap.

What you may need to do to go slow. Try n understand, map the growth on your face. Shave with the grain first and if you want to go against the grain do it slowly n carefully n always keep the area lubricated.

Don't try to get bbs for now just work on technique and understanding the map of your facial hair.

Cheers,

Mawashi
The TFS kilo soap doesn't have glycerin in the formula.Its a good shaving soap.Vitos Red has the same formula with glycerin.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom