What's new

Groomsmen Gift Ideas

I'm getting married at the end of march and was wanting some input on good gifts to give my groomsmen. They are all fairly young (28,26,22). I've picked up a couple ties for two of them already (I'll probably find something else small to give them) but I'm stuck on what to get my best man :blink:. He hates that he has to wear ties to work so that was never in the picture. I was thinking maybe a pocket watch? Does anyone know a decent maker that would cost me ~$150 or so?

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and before you suggest a starter kit, I've already pitched the idea to all of them. One has a constant beard, one shaves maybe once a week, the other didn't want to be bothered :thumbdown. Oh well...

Some that I have gotten include, a vintage pocket watch, engraved money clip, a nice pocket knife, a good wallet and my favorite, a bamboo fly rod.

As Mae West said "No man is complete until he is married, then he is finished"
Congratulations on your nuptials.

I did pocket watches for my groomsmen.
I had them engraved with their initials.
They loved them.
As a bonus, I have a picture of all of us with the watches out.

I had my own and so did my best man.
I ended up getting him a glass figurine of a bird that he wanted.

Oh and congrats on the upcoming wedding.
You have one job to do. Don't be late!
Our wedding was at 2 pm and I showed up at 2:01 pm. Not good. Even by a minute.

SWMBO won't ever let me forget that.

Last edited:
I think a pocket watch would be a great idea.

As Jim, I have received engraved pocket knives on two occasions. For my own wedding, I gave the groomsmen front pocket wallets that I made in the bootshop. Each had the recepients initials.

DL

Do you guys have an idea where I might be able to look up/learn about some pocket watches? I honestly have no idea what I would be looking for in them. What about a good place to get some engraved pocket knives?

Thanks for all the help and well wishes gentlemen. I appreciate it.

On a side note about the on time thing. Wedding is at 6pm. I have to be at the church by 1:30-2:00 for pictures. I think I'll be ok on the time front.

I gave my best man one share of stock in the WWE (us and a couple buddies get together for all of the Pay Per Views) he still recieves cheques from them for something like $0.13. There is a company online called One Share that specializes in this and has a bunch of different companys (not a reccomendation for a specific company as I got my now sister-in-law who works in stocks to get it for me). Prices vary depending on the company.

A favorite of mine is hip flasks. You can have them engraved with initials, etc. I use mine all the time, and so do others I know who have them. Particularly good for the golf bag.

I gave engraved pocket knives to my groomsmen a local shop did the work for me. My best friend gave engraved flasks filled with a nice 21 yr old scotch which was appropriate as it was a Scottish wedding.

I gave engraved zippos, most of my groomsmen still have/use them. Nice pocket knives Are a good idea IMO. Of course one can use things remembered but I've noticed that good clothing stores often have engraving services for items as well. One that I know in MN anways is Hermes Haberdashery (website is being redone apparently).

That wad one of the first things I thought about but don't mont blancs run like $300?

I wish...more like $600...I would give them cigars, scotch, a nice wallet, shaving paraphernalia, etc...For a pen I would consider the Waterman Phileas (~$40) and a bottle of Noodler's Black ink.

Top Bottom