What's new

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

Hi folks,

I have just retaken DE wet shaving after years of using cartridge disposables and I am still wondering why I moved away from safety razors in the first place.

Retaking traditional wet shaving in my daily routines has been the most enjoyable re-discovery. Specially now with all the nice specialized products and information out there.

In just a few days of using a DE safety razor, no more irritation on my more sensitive areas and no more ingrown hairs since I’ve retaken it.

I now look forward to my daily shaves and enjoy them more than I remember.

It is funny how you forget about you hair mapping and how good it feels to progressively reduce the stubble.

At the moment my gear of choice:
- Rockwell 6S
- Merkur slant
- Viking emperor (arriving soon)
- Blades: Feather (for R3 and below on the Rockwell), Voskhod
- Soaps: Seville and Cool from B&M (in love with them), Rocky Mountain sandalwood.

Cheers,

fm

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, thanks for checking in and sharing your story with us.

Hi folks,
Thank you very much for you warm welcome.
Looking forward to continue to grow in the hobby.
This feels odd, I had never seen this as a hobby till now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks folks for you kind welcome.
I can see very clearly how the forum can easily drive you to a rabbit hole.
I was very tempted already to get a vintage razor from one of the threads!

Hi folks,

I have just retaken DE wet shaving after years of using cartridge disposables and I am still wondering why I moved away from safety razors in the first place.

Retaking traditional wet shaving in my daily routines has been the most enjoyable re-discovery. Specially now with all the nice specialized products and information out there.

In just a few days of using a DE safety razor, no more irritation on my more sensitive areas and no more ingrown hairs since I’ve retaken it.

I now look forward to my daily shaves and enjoy them more than I remember.

It is funny how you forget about you hair mapping and how good it feels to progressively reduce the stubble.

At the moment my gear of choice:
- Rockwell 6S
- Merkur slant
- Viking emperor (arriving soon)
- Blades: Feather (for R3 and below on the Rockwell), Voskhod
- Soaps: Seville and Cool from B&M (in love with them), Rocky Mountain sandalwood.

Cheers,

fm

Welcome, welcome fmalpartida,

You have some decent gear and you sound like you're getting better shaves!

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

If you go down the rabbit hole, cartridge razors are much cheaper to run [emoji1787]

However, the shave quality and enjoyment is not there by far. It is very interesting to see how things have flipped from: OMG I need to shave to when is my next shave.

If you go down the rabbit hole, cartridge razors are much cheaper to run [emoji1787]

However, the shave quality and enjoyment is not there by far. It is very interesting to see how things have flipped from: OMG I need to shave to when is my next shave.

Already can't wait for my 8:00 p.m. shave.

Top Bottom