What's new

Great find, to good not to share :)

I bought one in the late 1960's. I still have it. A very fine shaver. It's rather amazing that the blue handle has lasted as well as it has. I don't know what it is made of, plastic perhaps, but very long lasting. Mine pretty much looks new.

I've owned a custom one for a number of years.

They're very good razors.

proxy.php

Did you do the handle install yourself? Where did you get the handle done?

Flitz is mild and I’ve used it on knives and guns without any fears. If it’s food enough for $500-$1,500 gun, it’ll work on a $50(or ¢0.50) razor.
Mother’s is a choice of many. Jeweler’s Rouge is also a choice some have made.

I do agree with you fine gents but unfortunately I'm in romania and I have to source locally if I don't want to pay double and more for a tub of flitz :(
I might have a can of peek (an english compound which smells like ammonia and does a very good job).
But I always thought that a good run over a felt disc loaded with polishing compound does wonders

Look online for a comparison. Jeweler’s rouge might be worth looking for. Jewelers tend to have shops everywhere. It will be mild and won’t strip the finish.

I do agree with you fine gents but unfortunately I'm in romania and I have to source locally if I don't want to pay double and more for a tub of flitz :(
I might have a can of peek (an english compound which smells like ammonia and does a very good job).
But I always thought that a good run over a felt disc loaded with polishing compound does wonders
I only hand polish. Discs can take the finish off of its delicate or thin.

Top Bottom