What's new

Great find, to good not to share :)

look what the flea market gave me today for 50cents...
it's an S2 so that puts this beautiful (albeit clogged and dirty) slim in the second quarter of 1972.
It's sitting patiently in a bath of rubbing alcohol awaiting for the morning when it will get a good rub and deep cleaning.
What's your general opinion on this DE? is it a keeper once i manage to clean and disinfect it?
ST1.jpg ST2.jpg st3.jpg st4.jpg

I don't see how you can go wrong with anything that's under a buck. I've never shaved with one but it looks like a fairly mild shaver.

I have one and it is a good razor, on the mild side.

For .50 you could hardly go wrong, congratulations. Let us know how it shaves for you.

I have my Grandfather's Knack from 1969. I use it on his birthday, wedding anniversary and day of Earthly departure. It's a good razor, similar to a Flare Tip Super Speed with a light handle. I always have to adjust my grip as I'm a bearded head shaver and I generally have my pointer finger on the TTO "knob."

Congratulations on the find!
proxy.php
proxy.php

That's my birth quarter Black Beauty next to it (Z4 -1979) set on 5 for comparison.

ok, so after a night in a mixture of dishwasher liquid and water and rubbing alcohol plus some elbow grease the razor ended up great looking and shave ready. i have left it for a few more hours dipped in pure rubbing alcohol and this should have killed all of the germs. the chrome finish has tarnished with age but that's ok, i mean it's 46 years old...
will have a shave tomorrow paired with a feather blade.
cl1.jpg cl2.jpg cl3.jpg

Looks great!!! I’ve got a 1968 made in England Super Slim Twist(blue handle) and love it. I’m sure you’ll enjoy yours - and the price is unbeatable!! I thought I got a deal on mine for $8.50 - you are the real mvp!!!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Twist/Knack is a good shaver. The balance and long handle makes it fun; unusual handling characteristics.

AA

Top Bottom