What's new

Granite Surface Plate

I have decided to give some lapping film a try (Thanks for the info Craig) and was wondering what you gents think of this idea. Until I can get to a Home Depot or Lowes and get a granite/glass tile would my C12K work as a plate. I have already spent the painful time of lapping it true and it should be about the perfect size for honing. Anyone see any flaws or problems with this temporary idea.

I have decided to give some lapping film a try (Thanks for the info Craig) and was wondering what you gents think of this idea. Until I can get to a Home Depot or Lowes and get a granite/glass tile would my C12K work as a plate. I have already spent the painful time of lapping it true and it should be about the perfect size for honing. Anyone see any flaws or problems with this temporary idea.
Nope, that'll work very well me thinks!
Just make sure the film stays on there dead flat & there should be no hassles.

Good luck!

Anything hard and smooth and very flat should work well. I used to use a piece of glass. Now I use a precision granite plate from Woodcraft.

The Lowes folks were perfectly happy to slice up a granite tile for me. They have a wet saw in the tile section. Works great.

Top Bottom