What's new

Goverment has gone too far! War against Big Tamale!

In my state(nc) if your doing for a profit, you have to pay...That being said, grams don't care if you have a tip top Heath rating or not..

I don't thank it right to tell me I can't eat blue cheese, Becase I might get sick.But I can smoke and get cancer or copd just fine..Roll my eyes.

kind of like when people speed, they never get the ones doing 25 over speed limit.Its the ones doing 5 over speed limit, they get..

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
This is a touchy subject that has the potential to get ugly. Of course, we at B&B will discus it in the most gentlemanly manner.

They have shut down the kids selling koolaid too. No peddlers permit, no food service permit = no koolaid stand. Waiting for them to ban Craigslist/eBay type sales because you don't have a city sales tax license... I used to sell a few items at craft fairs, now have to go to the city and get a short term tax permit, log all sales, and remit the taxes within 30 days of the craft fair. Some organizers get a general permit and just have you remit the taxes to them, with a sales log, then the settle up with the city. Isn't worth the hassle anymore.

There really should be a way for the little guy/gal to make a few bucks without being squished by Big Brother.

By the way now I want a Tamale!

When I was into home brewing, you could give it away all you won't to anyone over 21.But you sale a drop and you could get to a hell of a lot you know what.. Born free, died taxed..

Agree completely.

I am Scoutmaster. Many of my Eagle candidates like to do their service projects at their schools. Used to be no big deal, just a letter from the principal acknowledging the need for the project.

Well, over last 24 months, the leviathan bureaucracy has become aware of these good deeds and decided that they must be regulated.

Now the Scouts have to fill out a two page form and submit it and drawings. They must use specified materials and certain items like benches must meet certain dimensional requirements. Everything must be ADA compliant.

What a pain in the neckerchief!!!!!

The upshot is that I am now advising my Scouts to do NO projects for the school district and look for other not-for-profits that can benefit from free labor and free improvements.

The bureaucrats have driven the honest, just-want-to-help-you-at-no-cost-and donate-hundreds-of-hours-and-free-materials-to-improve-your-schools Scouts completely away.

Way to go apparatchiks!

This is wrong in so many ways.....

Around here they like to encourage kids not to have things like lemonade stands and such. Apparently the kids will be 'safer' not 'shoved right out in the public'. Very, very sad!

The lady wants to sell food to the public without a license? And expects not to be fined for breaking health laws? That makes no sense.

I am firmly, 100% anti-lemonade stand. Who wants to buy a paper cup of tepid kool-aid from some brat for a dollar, when you know, just KNOW, that they've stuck their filthy little fingers down in the pitcher multiple times?

Some kid approaches me wanting a dollar for a cup of germ juice, I spit a stream of Red Man on their shoes, and tell them to get a real job, hippy.

I am firmly, 100% anti-lemonade stand. Who wants to buy a paper cup of tepid kool-aid from some brat for a dollar, when you know, just KNOW, that they've stuck their filthy little fingers down in the pitcher multiple times?

Some kid approaches me wanting a dollar for a cup of germ juice, I spit a stream of Red Man on their shoes, and tell them to get a real job, hippy.

$giphy.gif

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I think I understand the general objection to over regulation. Kids selling lemon-aid . . . come on . . . they didn't think that idea up themselves did they? Even so if any local kids do such a thing I'll stop and risk certain death from what ever germs they carry. I have no idea how to draw the line on the production of Tamales vs. food safety and tax collection. If it is important I guess it will be an election issue that can be voted on.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I shot a couple of squirrels a while back and realized that the FDA does not inspect edible wildlife! Oh, the horrors of unregulated consumption of those dirty wild animals! I know I must have been taking my life in my hands, eating their stewed, uninspected corpses. Where is the government when you need them? And what about the fish? Those fish out there in the wild just swim around peeing and crapping and then breathing the very same water, with no government oversight, and poor ignorant innocent people EAT them! I am so mortified!

Seriously, I would think that government, regulations or no regulations, is TOO BIG when it has time to harass a street vendor, unless there are complaints. In the case of food vendors, you get sick, then complain, and the appropriate agency checks out the situation. If there is not a problem, don't make one. If it looks unsanitary, SAY something, but be a good neighbor and tell the vendor first and give him or her a chance to make it right. Whatever happened to common sense? Hassling kids with lemonade stands is not productive work. It is parasitical work that we taxpayers pay for. If that is what someone does for a living, then they should have to go out and get a real job.

Pursuing street vendors for revenue probably costs more than the tax money recovered. But that's okay. Efficiency is irrelevant. "I'm from the government, and I am here to help! I have a job to do and I will do it, collect my civil service salary and retire on my government pension, and not feel bad for never having accomplished anything productive in my life, because I did my job and did it well." That is not to say that every government employee is a useless leech but apparently quite a few are, and many more can be, at times. Sometimes, you just gotta leave people alone. Government interference is not always a good thing.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
It's a hard nut, but after doing a stint as Moderator it showed me the difficulty that arises when one selectively enforces rules. Sure the lady getting a summons seems unfair, but where do you draw the line? How many tamales must she sell until it become a regulated business? If you buy a dozen and your grandmama dies from E. coli who you gonna blame? Everyone must be painted with the broad same brush of the law. Imagine that she builds a tamale empire from her kitchen and then 100 people contract HepーA. The public would demand the Health Department's collective head.

The crux is someone turned her in.

Top Bottom