What's new

good, sort of budget, soap.

All I have tried as of now have been creams, I would love to try and find a soap that I like also. I tried to make a superlather today and it was ok, the soap I used was a no name Glycerin face soap . It worked ok, not as good as some of the lathers I have made with just a cream.
I would like something in the price range of $10-$20 shipped.
As for scents something deep and woody OR a good lavender OR rose. Not all together.

I know you guys can come up with some GREAT recommendations, so lets hear it!

If this topic has been done, point me to it.

All I have tried as of now have been creams, I would love to try and find a soap that I like also. I tried to make a superlather today and it was ok, the soap I used was a no name Glycerin face soap . It worked ok, not as good as some of the lathers I have made with just a cream.
I would like something in the price range of $10-$20 shipped.
As for scents something deep and woody or a good lavender or rose.

I know you guys can come up with some GREAT recommendations, so lets here it!

If this topic has been done, point me to it.

Harris Arlington.

J

Not that Tabac smells woodsy, lavender, or rose; but is best of breed for a $10 refill puck ($15 for soap + bowl)

Not that Tabac smells woodsy, lavender, or rose; but is best of breed for a $10 refill puck ($15 for soap + bowl)

+1 I second that. The scent is awesome!

However, I don't know if you can get any more "woodsy" than L'Occitane Cade. It's scented with Juniper EO. Nothing like shaving in a forest. Performs just great and it's $15 for a refill puck.

Lees shaving has an excellent deal on Trumpers soap in the bowl. Today only you get whatever scent and bowl and a refill in whatever scent for only $30.00. It is a $26.00 savings. I bought the rose and coconut scents. I also have heard excellent comments about their lime soap as well. Travis

Lees shaving has an excellent deal on Trumpers soap in the bowl. Today only you get whatever scent and bowl and a refill in whatever scent for only $30.00. It is a $26.00 savings. I bought the rose and coconut scents. I also have heard excellent comments about their lime soap as well. Travis

That offer is sold out. :crying:

TGQ soap for Lavender. ( my choice would be Leatherneck but to each their own )

Tabac great soap for a great price - refill

Woodsy n Rose - Mama Bear or SCS or HoneyBee or Suzie Bubbles

QED has some freaking great choices but there is a minimum order and shipping. My problem is thinning my order where I can afford it.

Andy --

HoneyBee_Spa is one of the best shave soaps available. Try this. Pick your fragrance --these soaps are super lubricating, produce a thick, rich lather, and have about the best skin care you'll get from a shave soap. The modest/low cost is a plus. This stuff puts Tabac and other pretenders to shame. Recommended.

Also, seek out Provence Sante. This stuff is also at the top of the heap. For about $15, you get a triple-milled cake of about 3.5oz. Get the Linden/Verlain fragrance. You can thank me later.

You can spend more, but these are *the* best.

-- John Gehman

Ok so HoneyBee is looking very nice, but what scents?

I was thinking Cedar, Cedarwood Amber,Victorian Rose,Coffee Mocha, or Forest Pine.
If anyone here has smelled any of the ones above, let me know what you think, or if you have smelled any of the other ones let me know also. Thanks guys, keep them COMING!!

You sir, are Despicable!:biggrin: I now have to surf over to Lee's..

NO NO NO :mad: SOLD OUT :frown:

I totally forgot one of my favorite soaps. Jim at vintage blade sells his own house brand soap with or without a wooden bowl for $20.00 or $10.00 just for the puck. It is tripple milled and produces some of the richest thickest lather I have ever gotten from a shave soap. I use it at least 2 times a week. (And that is really saying something considering all of the shave products I currently am trying to go through so I can order more) Here is a link (I hope it works) This I believe is the best deal by far on any triple soap out there. Travis

+1 I second that. The scent is awesome!

However, I don't know if you can get any more "woodsy" than L'Occitane Cade. It's scented with Juniper EO. Nothing like shaving in a forest. Performs just great and it's $15 for a refill puck.

There are two shaving soaps in my local L'Occitane store; one packed in a white-blue paper which costs $8.00, and the other is CADE variant for 100% more, $16.00. I am L'Occitane regular customer for the regular soap, not the CADE variant which I yet have to try.
Lathering ability of the regular soap is awesome, however, I don't think that just juniper scent is worth paying twice the amount. It can be that the CADE is completely different formula, with different lather. I do not know what is difference between them, I have never been interested before, but I promise to myself next time I step in the store I'll request the explanation for double the price.

There are two shaving soaps in my local L'Occitane store; one packed in a white-blue paper which costs $8.00, and the other is CADE variant for 100% more, $16.00. I am L'Occitane regular customer for the regular soap, not the CADE variant which I yet have to try.

I have never seen this. May I ask what country you are in? My local L'Occitane store only carries one shave soap and one shave cream.

I think honeybee or mama bear are good economical choices. They usually have a scent description.

I am suprised nobody chimed in for the soaps made by JoAnna over at The Shave Den. They are very similar in performance to HBS and TGQ, but many find them easier to lather. They also come in a large variety of scents.

At the end of the day though, you are are better off getting spending the extra cash on a refill puck of AOS soap. It is the best on the market today.

Ok so HoneyBee is looking very nice, but what scents?

I was thinking Cedar, Cedarwood Amber,Victorian Rose,Coffee Mocha, or Forest Pine.
If anyone here has smelled any of the ones above, let me know what you think, or if you have smelled any of the other ones let me know also. Thanks guys, keep them COMING!!

HBS soaps not only perform well, but are an outstanding deal to boot. I have a ton of them but have to say that the Forest Pine is my least favorite. Outstanding performance, but to me the smell is exactly that of Pinesol. Piney to the point of being almost overwhelming.
Might just be my sniffer though......

Top Bottom