What's new

Gonna try vaping, and it's all James' fault

Awesome to hear, the iStick 50w is a great bit of kit. You need to play with the wattage, and the airflow until you find the right mix between clouds and flavour for you.

Anyone want to see the inside of an I stick 50w? I had mine apart to paint the shell.

$IMG_4702.jpg

$IMG_4703.jpg

Last edited:
I was given my choice of any two house mix flavors for free, so I picked honeydew melon and apple pie. I'm currently vaping the apple pie with the .6 coil in the rebuildable deck at 15 watts.

$IMG_4706.jpg

The Mini came with two pre made coils for the rebuildable deck and a packet of cotton, so I just used that and it was pretty easy. I'm sure experimenting with wick length would yield me different results, but I'm pretty happy with the results so far.

The Mini came with two pre made coils for the rebuildable deck and a packet of cotton, so I just used that and it was pretty easy. I'm sure experimenting with wick length would yield me different results, but I'm pretty happy with the results so far.
Look up "Pancake Wicking" on Youtube

Thanks for the info Till, I'm totally doing that on the next build. :thumbup:

I pulled the cotton away from the wall a little bit on the first build, but I didn't cut it short enough and pancake it.

how do the premade coils in the rebuildable compare to the disposable coils... I havent tried the build yet

I haven't tried the .5 pre made disposable. The pre made deck coil I used was reading .6 and it was a pretty noticeable difference in flavor from the 1.2 disposable. I'm a newb so maybe it's just playing with the watts that's changing the flavor ( I change it quite a bit while i'm learning ).

I just like being able to rebuild easier on the deck, than trying to rebuild the disposables, or buy a pack of disposables. I think the disposables would be good for traveling where rebuilding might not be something we'd like to do while on vacation, but I do see the convenience of them being a good thing for a lot of people.

so today my wife knocked over my Atlantis and the glass broke. no big deal, it come with a spare....

well when the glas breaks up inside the top cap its nearly impossible to remove. so it is in fact a big deal.

after 30 infuriating minutes, i decided im NEVER doing that again.

i bought a kanger subtank.

its enormous and HEAVY....but... i love it!

so today my wife knocked over my Atlantis and the glass broke. no big deal, it come with a spare....

well when the glas breaks up inside the top cap its nearly impossible to remove. so it is in fact a big deal.

after 30 infuriating minutes, i decided im NEVER doing that again.

i bought a kanger subtank.

its enormous and HEAVY....but... i love it!

Subtank Plus, or the original Subtank?

original, they didnt have the plus yet.. but i think its even bigger isnt it? i dunno if i could pocket anything larger lol

Having a hard time getting the rba to wick the high vg juice I have. I went to the .5 pre made disposable and it's better. I think I'm going to have to modify my rba. :w00t:

original, they didnt have the plus yet.. but i think its even bigger isnt it? i dunno if i could pocket anything larger lol
More capacity, but its easier to switch from OCC coils, to the RBA deck.
Having a hard time getting the rba to wick the high vg juice I have. I went to the .5 pre made disposable and it's better. I think I'm going to have to modify my rba. :w00t:
Have you tried the pancake wicking thing yet? Meant to work well for high VG stuff.

Have you tried the pancake wicking thing yet? Meant to work well for high VG stuff.

Yes, but i'm vaping 90/10, and nothing I do gets juice into the rba at this point. I can prime it and get bubbles but I don't think it's flowing into the rba unless I do that. I've been getting dry and burnt hits pretty regularly. The .5 disposable is keeping up a lot better. I've seen people drill out the juice channels, dremel out the tube of the rba at the juice holes, and even saw one guy who drilled two holes in the tube to make it almost like the disposable, although the holes were smaller than the disposable.

I guess I could add some distilled water to the juice, or go with a 80/20 70/30 etc juice.

Yes, but i'm vaping 90/10, and nothing I do gets juice into the rba at this point. I can prime it and get bubbles but I don't think it's flowing into the rba unless I do that. I've been getting dry and burnt hits pretty regularly. The .5 disposable is keeping up a lot better. I've seen people drill out the juice channels, dremel out the tube of the rba at the juice holes, and even saw one guy who drilled two holes in the tube to make it almost like the disposable, although the holes were smaller than the disposable.

I guess I could add some distilled water to the juice, or go with a 80/20 70/30 etc juice.

90/10 will be difficult with any wicking method. I have some but I use it solely for dripping.

Top Bottom