What's new

Gonna try vaping, and it's all James' fault

90/10 will be difficult with any wicking method. I have some but I use it solely for dripping.

I've been pretty impressed with the .5 disposable as far a wicking goes. I was just under the impression that vg was better for you than pg, so I was trying to get the higher vg to work. I know vaping isn't completely safe, but I would like to limit the amount of damage i do if I can get around it by using certain products or flavors.

I've been pretty impressed with the .5 disposable as far a wicking goes. I was just under the impression that vg was better for you than pg, so I was trying to get the higher vg to work. I know vaping isn't completely safe, but I would like to limit the amount of damage i do if I can get around it by using certain products or flavors.
VG means less throat hit and more clouds, PG is better at carrying flavour. As long as you aren't allergic to PG, only personal preference should dictate which mix you like.

VG means less throat hit and more clouds, PG is better at carrying flavour. As long as you aren't allergic to PG, only personal preference should dictate which mix you like.

I'm definitely going to experiment with different ratios to see what I prefer most :thumbup:

When using an rda I use 90/10, 80/20 and for my subtanks and tank systems I try and stay 70/30 for wicking reasons. I prefer the heavier vg concentrations because pg makes my chest feel funny, lol

I have been using some 80/20 lately that seems to be working ok. I'm going to modify the subtank mini in hopes that I can get it to flow 80/20 without any problem. I like the higher VG juices as well.

Will do. I'm going to start off with widening the juice channels. If that doesn't help, I'm going to modify the chimney with some grinding and possibly a hole or two.

What could possibly go wrong LOL!!

Did you try the pancake wicking method thingy? Might be worth a shot, before bringing in the power tools

Did you try the pancake wicking method thingy? Might be worth a shot, before bringing in the power tools

That's what I attempted here, maybe I didn't do it right?
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...nd-it-s-all-James-fault?p=7272560#post7272560

I'm of the opinion that the only way juice gets to the wick, on the rebuildable deck, is from the juice being pushed through the juice slots from the negative pressure built up in the tank as it's being vaped. I think, and could be wrong, that the wick takes over after the juice is inside the head, as opposed to the occ heads where the wick is actually in the juice when it's in the tank.

I haven't heard of anyone that has had any negative effects when they make the juice channels bigger on the mini, and most of them seem to really like the results. I just want to make sure I'm getting as much juice to the wick as possible without flooding it completely. I think I'm barely getting enough to it right now, I want to be on the other end of that spectrum.

Either way, Kanger sells the rebuildable deck separate, so I can replace it if I screw it up. :tongue_sm

^^^This, Bro...this^^^ :001_smile

I'm running 80/20 now, and it's going decent. I thought I tried some 70/30, but it was mixed as 30/70 :scared: I could really taste the PG and wasn't a big fan of it.

My next juice buy, I'll go with some 70/30. I'm probably going to get into mixing my own so i can play with the ratios, and so that I know what ingredients are going into the juice. I'm not sure how much i trust others ,who make juice, being in our best interest when it comes to what they put in and what they don't.

I'm running 80/20 now, and it's going decent. I thought I tried some 70/30, but it was mixed as 30/70 :scared: I could really taste the PG and wasn't a big fan of it.

My next juice buy, I'll go with some 70/30. I'm probably going to get into mixing my own so i can play with the ratios, and so that I know what ingredients are going into the juice. I'm not sure how much i trust others ,who make juice, being in our best interest when it comes to what they put in and what they don't.

70/30 wicks well for me in all my tank systems, even the sub ohm RTA's and there are tons of juices out there to try. You can mix your own, I know lots that do it, but it's more hassle than I'd be willing to deal with. If you do start mixing your own, let us know how it works out for you :) I'd just hate to see you mess up your tank with a Dremmel when there are plenty of juices that will wick well for you.

I'll hold of on the modifying for the time being. Maybe I'm just asking too much from this tank, or maybe I'm just pushing the limits too hard. I like the warmer vape but i can't seem to get it with the mini. I would like a 3 or 4 second warmish lung inhale. If I try that on the mini, I either have to increase the wattage or close of the airflow. Increasing the wattage gives me more dry hits, and decreasing the airflow isn't very satisfying either. If I keep it within the 2 or so volts above my resistance, it will work fine, but it's almost a cold vape.

I'll hold of on the modifying for the time being. Maybe I'm just asking too much from this tank, or maybe I'm just pushing the limits too hard. I like the warmer vape but i can't seem to get it with the mini. I would like a 3 or 4 second warmish lung inhale. If I try that on the mini, I either have to increase the wattage or close of the airflow. Increasing the wattage gives me more dry hits, and decreasing the airflow isn't very satisfying either. If I keep it within the 2 or so volts above my resistance, it will work fine, but it's almost a cold vape.

I use my tanks when I'm driving or doing something that won't allow me to throw some juice on my rda's. I honestly find rda's more satisfying than tanks. Maybe it's the density, temp and volume of vapor they create, but I can honestly say that I feel more nicotine and get more flavor from my rda's. Have you tried one yet?

If you go much above 80 VG, you're going to have to use an RDA. Max VG blends really doesn't wick fast enough if you're chain vaping at high watts.

I'd suggest just getting a Magma clone from Infinite. It's been around for like a year and it's still considered by many to be one of the best RDAs around. The thing is just amazing for flavor. I run it with a single coil on the medium airflow setting and it's the best tasting vapor I've ever had. It also has a deep juice well, so that you can actually vape off of it without having to re-drip every couple of hits.

Top Bottom