What's new

Godrej Shaving Soap

I am super surprised that it did a great job of lathering and it was a very comfortable shave. Today was my first time trying it. I think its an awesome soap that is under rated. I only paid $4 for this soap and its from India. I'll definitely keep this soap in my rotation.

Just got a couple of pucks of this today in the mail, looking forward to trying it. The puck smells nice. Unfortunately I had also picked up Proraso blue cream before I got to the mail box so now I am torn on what to try first :w00t:

Godrej puck is widely used in barbershops in India and it is really popular here in India. Also, it costs only 0.3 $ here in India !!:wink2:
Also, it gives very good lather which has enough cushion and glide. I use it very few times since it dries out my skin too much !

Last edited:
Yea I've heard how cheap it is in India but here it is $3-4 same thing with Arko soap in turkey

Godrej Round is great. I always know a soap is a keeper when I try it out for the first time, then use it the next day, then the next day, then the next for two weeks before I realize I haven't swapped it with anything else in the "rotation". The round smells nicer than any of the creams, and it doesn't have whatever the creams do that makes them burn my face. Might be lanolin, might be borax, either way the blue puck is perfect.

As far as budget soaps go I think it's leagues better than William's and Van der Hagen, and I would even say it's on equal footing with Arko.

I finally found a local Indian market that sells Godrej in the tube. I find it to be easy to lather and non-drying. Great stuff!

Godrej is a great bargain soap. Scent kind of reminds me of red proraso.

Doesn't stick to the bottom of my shave dish so well so I just use it as a shave stick/puck now.

Doesn't stick to the bottom of my shave dish so well so I just use it as a shave stick/puck now.

I agree. I use it this way too. This was the only shaving soap my grandfather used and I've seen him do the same. According to the history of the company,Godrej first started making this soap as shave sticks in 1932. An excellent product at an affordable price:thumbup1:.

Top Bottom