What's new

Glitches in the system

Another long-lost soul appears!

HOw's it going?

Pretty good, really, but my life is overfull with mostly good stuff.

In addition to my day job, I'm now teaching here at UNT, 1 class per semester. Great work, but my life is pretty stuffed to the gills already.

My straight razor journey is going well, and I'm pleased to report that I'm even honing my own razors now. It's an accomplishment, but not impossible.

Green Mountain Soap is going great guns despite the downturn in the economy, and Mom and Dad have finally contracted with a firm to rebuild their website from the ground up, including a web store. Yes! Good stuff there. I can't wait to see it.

GMS shave soap is entering its final phases before we make packaging and turn it loose. Learning how to properly [triple] mill the soap took longer than anyone expected, but Mom and Dad can now make the soap brick hard if they want to, or soft and smushy too. Quite a lot of learning there, and again, it took a while to figure everything out.

Little Soapbox broke her leg very badly last April, but after six weeks in a body cast, was and is fine. She played her first soccer game last week, and had a dance recital last month.

Soapbox Jr. is 60th percentile for height and weight now, and a brawny kid, for 16 months. He's talking now, though the constant parade of ear infections has slowed down his language development some.

Mrs. Soapbox is unsure about the straight razor shaving thing and is sometimes impatient with my lack of speed in the mornings, but is supportive of my re-entry into the academic world. She and I will participate in our first triathlon this October, so I'm getting back into shape after a reasonably easy summer (but the Peachtree Road Race was a real hoot on July 4th). Swimming is my real nemesis in the triathlon, so I'm going to work on that this fall, in addition to more outdoor running and biking. But the 100-plus days of summer made outdoor training hard, so I usually opted for the treadmill or stationary trainer.

What happened to the shave Wiki?

Pretty good, really, but my life is overfull with mostly good stuff.

In addition to my day job, I'm now teaching here at UNT, 1 class per semester. Great work, but my life is pretty stuffed to the gills already.

My straight razor journey is going well, and I'm pleased to report that I'm even honing my own razors now. It's an accomplishment, but not impossible.

Green Mountain Soap is going great guns despite the downturn in the economy, and Mom and Dad have finally contracted with a firm to rebuild their website from the ground up, including a web store. Yes! Good stuff there. I can't wait to see it.

GMS shave soap is entering its final phases before we make packaging and turn it loose. Learning how to properly [triple] mill the soap took longer than anyone expected, but Mom and Dad can now make the soap brick hard if they want to, or soft and smushy too. Quite a lot of learning there, and again, it took a while to figure everything out.

Little Soapbox broke her leg very badly last April, but after six weeks in a body cast, was and is fine. She played her first soccer game last week, and had a dance recital last month.

Soapbox Jr. is 60th percentile for height and weight now, and a brawny kid, for 16 months. He's talking now, though the constant parade of ear infections has slowed down his language development some.

Mrs. Soapbox is unsure about the straight razor shaving thing and is sometimes impatient with my lack of speed in the mornings, but is supportive of my re-entry into the academic world. She and I will participate in our first triathlon this October, so I'm getting back into shape after a reasonably easy summer (but the Peachtree Road Race was a real hoot on July 4th). Swimming is my real nemesis in the triathlon, so I'm going to work on that this fall, in addition to more outdoor running and biking. But the 100-plus days of summer made outdoor training hard, so I usually opted for the treadmill or stationary trainer.

What happened to the shave Wiki?

Cheers all around! Good news indeed. And before Winter sets in, I'll need to make another GMS order. The bath soap is just the thing for dry Winter months.

The ShaveWiki is still around, it just hides once in a while for some reason or other. I think index rebuild or some such. Tho it is harder to search and access under the new software. They're working on it, tho, I'm told.

All is well here... busy as usual and still shaving with a DE :)tongue:). I'm off on Thursday to spend a few days stalking the wild Limecat in his native habitat. :w00t:

Top Bottom