What's new

Gillette Trac II VS disposable: Gillette Good News/Gillette Blue II

Gillette Trac II/GII VS ----> disposable: Gillette Good News/Gillette Blue II plus

• Gillette Trac II/GII

• disposables: Gillette Good News/Gillette Blue II plus

Results are only viewable after voting.
hello everyone what's the differences between: Gillette Trac II carts and, the disposable Gillette Good News/Gillette Blue II
i terms of quality of shave and closeness and longevity, blade of feel, aggressiveness and etc ?
*by the way the Gillette Trac II also called Gillette GII in the european market .

PICS:
Gillette Trac II
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Gillette Good News/Gillette Blue II
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

I bought a pack of the Blue II once when I was in Spain. I went to Pamplona for the bull run, but my luggage went to Madrid and stayed there for a week in the airport, finally catching up with me the day before we left.

I have to admit *looks around furtively and whispers* the shaves were fine.

Neither particularly close nor particularly comfortable, but I was presentable at least. Obviously though, if you are hanging out here then you know you can do better!

I don't think there's much difference at all.

The vintage Trac II carts didn't come with lubraglide strips, and they also had an adjustable version, so there's some variety to be had with the Trac II, if you do some digging.
the tracII / GII, not last longer ? and about the aggression the disposable blue ii not seems more aggressive? because disposable tends to cause more cuts than carts

the tracII / GII, not last longer ? and about the aggression the disposable blue ii not seems more aggressive? because disposable tends to cause more cuts than carts
I wouldn't know about the longevity comparison, as I haven't used anything other than vintage carts in a Trac II for a decade.

As for the "aggressive," that's a technique issue. Disposables are cheap and lightweight, and most of the handles made for the Trac II tend towards the heavier end of the spectrum.

Lightness invites a heavier hand on the razor, more pressure = more cuts.

The Gillette Good News disposables are decent shaving razors, for what they are, disposable.

They are lightweight, so they do require more active pressure to maintain contact. But, they do work and that is what matters.

They shave decent enough to be used as a regular razor. This is important when traveling.

The Trac II and the current PII variant is like shaving with a real razor, being that is what they are.

It is a more solid feel, due to its heavy handle and being physically more solid. If you buy the PII version of the blades, they are the same as the original Trac II blades and do not have the "goo" strip and are not adjustable.

Shave wise, they are not really so different. The Good News disposables are obviously copies inspired by the Trac II design.

This year, during my weekly shave challenge, I did manage three full weeks of shaving with the PII handle and a single PII cartridge. It was still sharp and perfectly shave worthy after three weeks of daily shaves.

The PII Twin Blade cartridges run about a $1 each in moderate quantities.

Personna does make their own version of the cartridge. It only comes with the "slime" strip. But they are only 13-cents each in quantities off 100.

I plan on placing an Amazon order for these next week, for comparison purposes.

The PII handle and twin cartridges can be ordered online through Walmart in the US. I was not charged shipping.

I think the PII system is an all around better product than the Good News disposables. The shave is better, smoother and closer with less irritation.

There are all kinds of variations of the Good News disposables on Amazon.

Since I returned to DE shaving, I asked a couple of my discerning friends what they use to shave and both of them told me that they buy the cheap disposables, use them for a few weeks and then discard them. Apparently, a lot of people do the same who don't want to fool around with shaving or buy expensive cartridges.

Last edited:
Here is one with a review. The listing text is kind of messed up, but it appears they are for a pack of 100-disposable twin blade razors.

Review:

I have nothing but good to say about these razors and the service I received from this company. First of all these razors are good quality as expected. Not flimsy like some are selling as Good News razors. These are as close to the original razor as you will find. Sturdy handle like the original Good News of the past. My Hubby is very pleased that I found these at such good quality and at a great price for 100 razors. The service was very fast and product was packaged nicely. I will definitely be reordering these razors in the future. Very satisfied customer here!

proxy.php

Gillette 11004CT -$39.99

Not bad at 40-cents apiece. And no "goo" strip!

proxy.php

I might decide to call them No Goos razors?

Yep. Who cares why people ask what they ask. Everyone asks questions.
Everyone.
Some like responding to those questions, and some don't.
Those that don't like responding with information probably just shouldn't answer at all.
thank you very much for your caring and helping. I appreciate it :)

Top Bottom