What's new

Gillette Super Adjustable Disassembly

Long time lurker here...

Sorry for bumping this aging thread. I followed Captain Murphy's disassembly video and took apart a Super Adjustable with no problems. I followed his Slim re-assembly video and was able to get the razor mostly back together. The only difficult part is crimping the retaining cap. I have some long, skinny needle nose pliers, which reach all the way down the TTO knob, but no matter how hard I squeeze, I can't seem to get a good crimp.

Any advice out there for re-crimping the Super Adjustable retaining clip? I read through this entire thread but didn't see any info about the crimping process. The best I've been able to come up with is "pre-crimping" the cap, and then pushing it down with the nut driver I used to pop it out in the first place.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
It's been a while since I cruised through all the tips and tricks in these threads, but I seem to recall mention (in one of the Cap threads) of using some split ring pliers to crimp a cap.

I recently refurb one I won on ebay.

I was lucky that the TTO part of the handle came away from the TTO mechanism.

I crimped the washer before I put the TTO handle/tube back on.

HTH.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
It has been quite a long time since I have been on here but I think I can help you with this. I have actually been meaning to post an entire update here on the forum for my adapted tooling, methods, and a general update of things here in my shop.

“CAP”
Nice to see you, Cap. Hope all is well.

It has been quite a long time since I have been on here but I think I can help you with this. I have actually been meaning to post an entire update here on the forum for my adapted tooling, methods, and a general update of things here in my shop.

“CAP”
thanks ..cap..i am on the watch..

Top Bottom