What's new

Gillette Super Adjustable Disassembly

got my SA in the mail yesterday, its definitely a beauty, thanks Captain for the great job cleaning, polishing, painting .. looks like new!

Cap. I have a '70 Short Handle Black Beauty and was using it this morning. The 1/4 turn has always been fine. Did my first pass (9), loosened the doors, changed the setting to 6, tightened the doors and the 1/4 turn was gone. Took the blade out and tried other settings. It wouldn't budge for that last 1/4 turn. Any suggestions? Just soak it?

got my SA in the mail yesterday, its definitely a beauty, thanks Captain for the great job cleaning, polishing, painting .. looks like new!
Outstanding news, Sir! You are most welcome and thank you again for your time:thumbup: Enjoy!
Cap. I have a '70 Short Handle Black Beauty and was using it this morning. The 1/4 turn has always been fine. Did my first pass (9), loosened the doors, changed the setting to 6, tightened the doors and the 1/4 turn was gone. Took the blade out and tried other settings. It wouldn't budge for that last 1/4 turn. Any suggestions? Just soak it?
Randy, I would start with a nice hot soak...sometimes a good soak will work wonders..and don't be afraid to make it a spicy soak. Let us know how it turns out.

Alright @PMT, here is the other installment of your replates:

Before: (and this was my first short-handle SA)
$100_3549.jpg$100_3550.jpg$100_3551.jpg$100_3552.jpg$100_3553.jpg

These short handled SA's are neat, kinda like a cousin of the fatboy. Glad to hear your custom is still serving you well, everything working properly?

These short handled SA's are neat, kinda like a cousin of the fatboy. Glad to hear your custom is still serving you well, everything working properly?

Perfectly! My only fear is that someday it will break/corrode inside or something. Then again, so does everything, eventually . . .

I shaved with it this morning, in fact. My favorite razor.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
These short handled SA's are neat, kinda like a cousin of the fatboy.

That's for true, Cap. They have a very similar weight and feel, which surprised me the first time I handled one. I expected something more like the black-handled SS, but the short-handled SA has a nice bit of chunk to it!

Cap. Just to thank you again. I finally used my long handle that your brought back to life. Great shave, worked perfect. And the red indicator works great without my glasses! LOL

Perfectly! My only fear is that someday it will break/corrode inside or something. Then again, so does everything, eventually . . .

I shaved with it this morning, in fact. My favorite razor.
Well, when and if that does happen, we can strip her down and find some donor parts and keep her going! That is the beauty about these things! Just keep it clean and dry and you should be alright:biggrin:

That's for true, Cap. They have a very similar weight and feel, which surprised me the first time I handled one. I expected something more like the black-handled SS, but the short-handled SA has a nice bit of chunk to it!
I'd like to find one and do some custom work on it...you know, cerakote....Razor Plate...THAT kind of stuff:thumbup: :wink:
Cap. Just to thank you again. I finally used my long handle that your brought back to life. Great shave, worked perfect. And the red indicator works great without my glasses! LOL
My pleasure, Randy! Those red indicators pop against the bright nickel and black handles!

Top Bottom