What's new

Gillette slim adjustable vs Merkur slant

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I used to use my slant exclusively, but now I use my slim exclusively. Some slant users might not agree, but I think the slim adjustable is a better razor. What do you guys think?

Doesn't matter what we think, just what you think.

I really enjoy slants and used to enjoy Gillette adjustables, but sold all of them except for one Slim.

the better razor depends on how I feel that day. Today I had an excellent shave with a $10 Baili razor.

I can't say, as you're comparing an apple with a pineapple.

They both are good, assuming you like apples and pineapples.

They both are good, assuming you like slants and adjustable's.

I have both. I've noticed with the slim I can dial in each pass which allows for a closer shave with more ease then my slant. The problem for me is anytime I use a non-slant razor (even with the slide technique) I get crazy ingrowns on my jaw and neck. I used a slim exclusively for over a week and for the first few days was literally about to get rid of every other razor I had. A few days in I was getting some bumps and irritation, by day 8 my face looked like Mars lol. Switched back to slants, without even taking a break in between, and my face is getting noticeably better by the day. Decided to get rid of the slim. For me, that was my final attempt at non-slant razors. I previously had this same realization however heard so many great things about slims and adjustables in general that I decided to give one last go.

I'm a slant guy for life and that was the final nail in the coffin on straight bars for me.

I used to use my slant exclusively, but now I use my slim exclusively. Some slant users might not agree, but I think the slim adjustable is a better razor. What do you guys think?

Both are excellent. Over time I've appreciated the Slim Adjustable more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both are excellent safety razors, but they are so dissimilar they defy "comparison."

Or to say it another way a slant is a better slant razor than is an adjustable, and an adjustable is a better adjustable razor than is a slant. :001_rolle

Personally, I have both and I love both of 'em! Each is an outstanding razor in its own realm.

Last edited:

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I went back to my slant when I couldn't get any whiskers with the slim adjustable. I had to do some skin stretching, but the slant cut what short whiskers were their.

Have both, Love both. The one thing however, is that my slant can take off a beard with one fell swipe, so it comes out when Ive been having a lazy few shave free days. The slim is a smooth save bet for everyday driving.

Top Bottom