What's new

Gillette Silver Blue Discontinued?

Can't find these in the uk at a price anywhere near what I paid for my first 100 pack. Does anyone know where they can be sourced reasonably? Thinking of plumping for a Nacet 100 pack instead due to latter reviews and former price. Thoughts?

Seems that from time to time somebody - and usually somebody who sells blades, what a coincidence - spreads rumours about a popular Gillette blade, e. g. Polsilver, Silver Blue etc., being discontinued and causes people to stock up on their personal supply. "Honi soit qui mal y pense", that's what I think about that.
AFAIK none of those rumours have materialised, and I would be quite astonished if a global company such as P&G would advise little internet traders on their corporate and product strategy.
^What he said.

Can't find these in the uk at a price anywhere near what I paid for my first 100 pack. Does anyone know where they can be sourced reasonably? Thinking of plumping for a Nacet 100 pack instead due to latter reviews and former price. Thoughts?

What did you pay for your first pack? Have you tried Connaught Shaving? They have great prices on many blades and shipping is very reasonable, even to the USA:

Gillette Silver Blue Stainless Double Edge Razor Blades

So, are we confirmed that Gillette Silver Blues are still being manufactured? I already have 100 of these but if they aren't being made, I'll have to increase my supply of my favorite blade.

Just look at the age of the thread. it was started 5 years ago. Prima facie evidence that these threads about this or that product going away are 99 44/100% of the time nothing more than innuendo and rumor mongering.

Are GSBs really discontinued or is there just a temporary stop in production?
Will production be moved to India or China like other Gillette brands?
I found a shopkeeper selling a pack of 100 blades at a good price, will I have to worry about getting some in stock?

God this thread just won't die.

It sure won’t.
This is a job for Yawning Sloth

Sleep Yawn GIF

Guaranteed to end dreary threads..

or your money back!

Last edited:
After 12 years it looks like they might actually be discontinued! At least for export. It will probably take a year or two for all the stock to be sold but better safe then sorry.

And there’s still a fair chance they may still be sold by a middleman buying them from Russia to sell to the U.S if they don’t move production or stop making them all together. But the Rubies aren’t currently being sold by anyone even though they’re supposedly still in production so I personally wouldn’t count on GSBs being available next year either.

And saying the GSBs may still be available but moved to India/China also means they would be gone to me as there’s no way they’d feel the exact same. An India made GSB may be a great blade but it wouldn’t be the same blade we’re accustomed to using.

Razor blades are cheap. Buy your favorites in bulk and even if they aren’t discontinued you didn’t waste your money since you can use them the rest of your life.

Even for someone who is 18 that just started shaving and lived to 80 your looking at about $400 in blades. Most people spend more money then that on trivial things every month.

Top Bottom