What's new

Gillette Silver Blue Discontinued?

These are still available in the UK.
I recently bought 200 & the seller would appear to have tens of thousands more...

Are these the other blades made in the Czech plant?

View attachment 310796

The last batch of 7 O'Clock Blue Super Platinum sold by RBM were also made in the Czech Republic.

View attachment 310797

I bought a couple hundred late last year and they were labeled Czech made. They are fantastic blades.

View attachment 310794

My older 7 O'clock Blue Super Platinum were made by PPI.

...Those are all from the Czech plant,and since the ownership has changed,maybe they will sell in smaller quantities.I inquired about 4 years ago,and I was told the minimum order was 1500 cases,,VERY strange indeed...These blades a very obscure,and sadly,their blue carbon blade is excellent but impossible to find.

To the OP, if you like, PM where you would like them mailed and I'll send a couple of Sliver Blues to try. I'll also include some 7 o'clock yellows and blacks and in the event you haven't tried the Astras, let me know and I'll send some of those in blue and green as well.

I know I'm a little late to the game, but MAN why can't I find these deals. I hope the OP took this generous offer.

I know I'm a little late to the game, but MAN why can't I find these deals. I hope the OP took this generous offer.

I'm with you on that one. I am relatively new to wet shaving and have heard great things about the Silver Blues and would love to try before buy, but when you find a 5 pack and then shipping price you might as well just buy the 100. Haha. Maybe a little stretch, but kinda how I feel.
I do love seeing things like this, how generous everyone is here at B&B. What a great community!

I'm with you on that one. I am relatively new to wet shaving and have heard great things about the Silver Blues and would love to try before buy, but when you find a 5 pack and then shipping price you might as well just buy the 100. Haha. Maybe a little stretch, but kinda how I feel.
I do love seeing things like this, how generous everyone is here at B&B. What a great community!

+1 That's why I always buy in bulk and have.....hundreds of blades stashed in my den ! muhahaha

If you ever feel like sharing some of your stash with a poor college student, feel free to contact me. ;)

Alas my friend, 80% of my stash is composed of vintage blades. I have very little modern ones, some Perma-Sharp SS and a bunch of Polsilver Iridium.

Try the Great Blade Exchange:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/362918-The-Great-Blade-Exchange

So...
18 months on from the OP, does anyone know for sure if these are still in production or not?

Since GSBs are still pretty easy to buy in bulk and since they have been sent in my most recent sampler pack, it would appear that they are still in production. BTW, I shaved with one yesterday and for me they are comparable to red IPs. In my book, that is a compliment!

I have a strong suspicion that Mishka's posts are accurate. Several months ago when the run on discontinued Super Iridiums was driving up prices, Mishka stated with strong conviction that the SI's were actually still being manufactured. Shortly after those posts we started seeing the availability of the Polsilver SI's.

Mishka's knowledge of PG/Gillette DE manaufacturing and distribution operation indicates a close relationship with those organizations. Even trusted online retailers will not necessarily have a reliable view into those areas. Their suppliers will not necessarly share all of these details.

Gillette Silver Blues are readily available at $20 per 100 which is a great value regardless of whether they are still in production or not.

They have been in production for years and continue to be manufactured as of today, 6 February 2014. I hope this clears up any confusion.

And yes, cfender is correct. I do have firsthand knowledge of all Gillette manufacturing facilities. Due to the corporate culture of the parent company, I cannot furnish as many details as I'd like.

If I may ask a question... Are any of the Gillette blades in danger of having production stopped? Like the Gillette Black, etc? I really would love to know if any blades might become more difficult to find in the near future.

We need a thread that covers blades becoming more scarce, or almost out of production...

Seems that from time to time somebody - and usually somebody who sells blades, what a coincidence - spreads rumours about a popular Gillette blade, e. g. Polsilver, Silver Blue etc., being discontinued and causes people to stock up on their personal supply. "Honi soit qui mal y pense", that's what I think about that.
AFAIK none of those rumours have materialised, and I would be quite astonished if a global company such as P&G would advise little internet traders on their corporate and product strategy.

Seems that from time to time somebody - and usually somebody who sells blades, what a coincidence - spreads rumours about a popular Gillette blade, e. g. Polsilver, Silver Blue etc., being discontinued and causes people to stock up on their personal supply. "Honi soit qui mal y pense", that's what I think about that.
AFAIK none of those rumours have materialised, and I would be quite astonished if a global company such as P&G would advise little internet traders on their corporate and product strategy.
It seems to me that these rumors come from a vendor who knows a guy whose cousin works with a lady whose husband works in the factory.

And I've fallen for it and stocked up on blades that I didn't need....

Top Bottom