What's new

Gillette Nacet blades

I call these my "Gator blades". I used to be big on Bluebirds and Astra SSs, but these became my go to blade after finding a pack in a Nairobi supermarket, of all places.

I call these my "Gator blades". I used to be big on Bluebirds and Astra SSs, but these became my go to blade after finding a pack in a Nairobi supermarket, of all places.
It isn't surprising that you would see them in Nairobi. Nacets were originally intended for sale in the Middle-East. While not in the Middle-East itself, Kenya does border Somalia and Ethiopia which are a quick boat ride from Yemen.

Nacets are very good blades. I purchased a lot of 50 last year. They’re not my go to blade... (I have none coz I constantly rotate) but when I use them I know I’ll get a top notch shave!

I love Nacet, after trying them in a sample set I purchased 100 from Jordan for $9.99, I routinely shave two weeks with one of them then I replace it but it would surely still have more days to go...

Last edited:
I love Nacet, after trying them in a sample set I purchased 100 from Jordan for $9.99, I routinely shave two weeks with one of them then I replace it but it would surely still have more days to go...
I made a mistake it costed €11 euros (free shipping to italy) not $9.99

The Nacets are as good as anything I've tried in the DE realm. Since I bought 100 of these I haven't felt the need to buy any other DE blades! Plenty of left over other blades of course.

Hi raul58. I also bought 100 from Jordan and loved them so much I bought another 500 which just arrived today. They cost me £35 including postage. I usually have five or six shaves with them but I may try and get more out of them like yourself. What razor do you find they work best in?

Hi raul58. I also bought 100 from Jordan and loved them so much I bought another 500 which just arrived today. They cost me £35 including postage. I usually have five or six shaves with them but I may try and get more out of them like yourself. What razor do you find they work best in?
The ones that take double edge blades.;)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
One of my favorite blades, it seems to me you can't go wrong with a Gillette blade IMO.
Blade review.JPG

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
They are very good. I can't say that I can tell the difference between them and Nacets. Once in a while I have gotten a rough Silver Blue, though.
The main difference is the GSB has a teflon coating and is double wrapped for even more protection when in transit.
Just a great blade and the 7 oclock black (double wrapped also)will give it a run for the money IMO any day and last a little longer possibly.
GSB:a17:7 oclock black.

Last edited:
The main difference is the GSB has a teflon coating and is double wrapped for even more protection when in transit.
Just a great blade and the 7 oclock black (double wrapped also)will give it a run for the money IMO any day and last a little longer possibly.
GSB:a17:7 oclock black.
I just loaded my razor and noticed the Nacets are double wrapped, too.

When I was testing a lot of blades I held out on testing the Nacet for a long time - based on the reviews I was sort of expecting a miraculous superb blade that would surpass most if not all the rest.

I found when I eventually tested them that they did not work for my face - which was a disappointment.

Tried it for the first time after not shaving for 3 days. Meh, it doesn’t remove all the stubble. I gave it 2 passes, felt a little rough, not terrible but not exciting. A Feather would mow down a 3 day beard, and leave a bbs. Post shave was a little stubbly. Next day, had stubble again, so I shaved again, worse shave then before, didn't remove the stubble too well and had a nick and neck irritation. Not the worst shave, better than Derbys and Crystals, but there are better blades to choose.
Better Blades - 7 O'clock black and green, Astra sp, Polsilver, Pesonna Red, Personna Blues, Lord Platinum and Feathers.

Top Bottom