What's new

Gillette Guard for Shaving the Face

I have seen dicussion of the Gillette Guard only for use on the head.

Would anyone be able to offer an opinion with regard to using the Gillette Guard on the face for travel purposes?

Mild and and the razors arnt as well built as their older counterparts, in developing countries they are the norm.

I get exceptional shaves on my face with the guard. If I could get a weighted handle for it I would use it more in my rotation.

No, I would not. I just don't think it's very good razor. There are better cheap razors available.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
The guard was supposedly designed for the emerging market, with the single blade being cheap and relatively clog-proof alternative to multi-blades and the cartridge entry-point to hook those users on single-blade carts. Most likely so they can be introduced to dual-blade then 3-4-5 as the cart (multi-blade or not) becomes the norm.

So, yes, it is safe for face shaving. In fact, that is what it was designed for.

I have used it to shave my face and not really impressed with, but it is functional. Get better shaves from either BIC Sensitive or a two bladed disposable or can even use a Sensor

Sorry for coming in late. I use the Guard most often as a travel razor and it's not bad. The carts are a little inconsistent in quality, but overall they shave decently. If I recall correctly from an article about the Guard, they're designed not to cut as closely as other razors, so I never try for a BBS using it.

Great for WTG pass.
They will not give you a BBS, but a DFS for new cart, & CCS is possible for an older cart.
Excellent for Travel.
Great for when you've not shaved in a while.

Top Bottom