What's new

Gillette adjustable

Variety is the spice of life, no? I am considering getting a Gillette Fat Boy or Slim. I have a '57 SS that I really like and I am very comfortable with, so I think it is high time to try out an adjustable.

Are there any differences between the Fat Boy and the Slim? Other than the Fat Boy would have a fatter (duh) handle and probably weigh a bit more?

Thanks for your input.

EDIT: Also, which would I have an easier time acquiring. I have seen Fat Boys going on Ebay for obscene amounts.

The Fatboy has a short (yes) fatter handle than the SS and is heavier. The Slim has a longer handle than the SS.
The head on the Slim is just a tiny bit lower in profile than the Fatboy. While the Fatboy is going for way to much on the bay the slim can be had for less money but they are creeping up as well.
My advise is to be a little patient and watch the B/S/T here on the forum as the both come up often at fair prices.

Thanks for the info, Ray. How does the head profile on the Slim compare to the head on the SS?

The Fatboy has a short (yes) fatter handle than the SS and is heavier. The Slim has a longer handle than the SS.
The head on the Slim is just a tiny bit lower in profile than the Fatboy. While the Fatboy is going for way to much on the bay the slim can be had for less money but they are creeping up as well.
My advise is to be a little patient and watch the B/S/T here on the forum as the both come up often at fair prices.

I have both a Fatboy and a Slim and I think the Slim is some what better - esp. for the price. I must say however - I have seen some Fatboys go for $20 or less on EBay - usually if they are not well advertised (i.e. descriptions states Gillette Razor but no other details).

My recommendation would be to go for the Slim, or if money is not a big deal - buy both like I did :biggrin:

B

bsj711

I went to a razor site to find Info On razors that I bought back In the day so to speak,but the info doesn't jive with my own timeline nor does the pictures look the same.One is a Gillette TTO with a Plastic handle on the bottom it has O4 Made In England-the table says 1969 but I bought it later than that.The other two are Shick Injectors Marked M24 M25 I Bought them Brand New as well.Thanks Brent

The slim is my daily shaver. Actually I have a 62 and 64. A while back I got a Fatboy. Tried it several times and didn't like it. Another razor I do love and that gives me a great shave is the lady blue which I also own in gold. Once in a while I do try to give the Fatboy another go but to no avail. I don't find it comfortable and it doesn't give me as good as a shave as the slim, 40'ss or lady blue does. I just find the Fatboy to bulky for my own personal taste. I'm glad I have one since it looks great in my growing collection of razors.

The Fatboy does have a lot of followers...

Again YMMV and personal choice.

I have a Fatboy, Slim, and Long Handle Super Adjustable. None of my adjustables compare in comfort or maneuverability to my flare-tip super speed with a Dorco blade.

Top Bottom