What's new

GFT Sandalwood getting low, next?

I am very fond of GFT Sandalwood cologne and as it is getting low so I thought I would start looking for a replacement. I know that there has been more than a few sandalwood threads so feel free to direct me to them, but I was curious to see a comparison of GFT to TOBS, T&H and D.R. Harris. I like the GFT enough to replace it but before I do I thought I would go to the best source I know on this subject. Thank you for your suggestions.

Regards,

Doug

That is a good suggestion Gareth, but I am already a huge fan of everything Eucris.

Regards,

Doug

Everybody should own Harris Sandalwood aftershave--simply fantastic. Not a strict sandalwood (but GFT Sandalwood is very far from a straight sandalwood too) but amazing. To me, it smells a bit like sandalwood, a bit like cinnamon, and a bit like a telephone pole on a hot day (but in a good way). There are some amazing sandalwoods out there. One of my favorite higher end ones is Lorenzo Villoresi Sandalo. On the low end, if you can still find a bottle of Arden Sandalwood, it's kind of neat. Sandalwood and lavender--pretty intense but not as long lasting as the first whiff might lead you to believe. My current favorite is AOL Sandalwood. Maybe it loses points for being too common; maybe for having a bit of a medicinal note in its opening. I think it's great. Also, if you want a great and reasonably priced combo, try SCS EdT and AS.

Those are some great suggestions Nid Hog, and very much appreciated. I will try to get some decants and give some of them a try. I think at one time I had a bottle of Arden Sandalwood and liked it. I still hope to hear from some of you that have had experience with the TOBS and T&H Sandalwood scents. I think that I remember that some thought that the TOBS was a bit synthetic but I also remember others liked it very much. I do like the DRH scents so that may be a good place to start.

Regards,

Doug

GFT Spanish Leather.

I am very fond of GFT Sandalwood cologne and as it is getting low so I thought I would start looking for a replacement. I know that there has been more than a few sandalwood threads so feel free to direct me to them, but I was curious to see a comparison of GFT to TOBS, T&H and D.R. Harris. I like the GFT enough to replace it but before I do I thought I would go to the best source I know on this subject. Thank you for your suggestions.

Regards,

Doug

I have a sample of GFT Sandalwood cologne, a bottle of TOBS Sandalwood cologne, and a bottle of D.R. Harris Sandalwood aftershave; D.R. Harris does not offer a cologne in sandalwood, but the aftershave has enough longevity to make it dual purpose. GFT is rich, balanced with spice, and has some wood to it. TOBS is lighter (not as rich), spicy, but has no wood. D.R. Harris is rich and full of cloves; you had better like cloves. I picked TOBS as my main one because of its being lighter and because it is less expensive than GFT.

Top Bottom