What's new

Georgetown Pottery Plug!

With the G3, does the water just fill in around the sides of the bowl, or is there space for water underneath the bowl as well?

With the G3, the water flows under the interior bowl.
Just as an aside, I have both the G3 and the G2. I actually find the G2 to be a better depth for me. The G2 is hand thrown and does not allow water underneath the bowl but this does not affect the ability of the scuttle to keep the lather warm.
I may sell my G3 or give it to my father as a gift.

Versions one and two were hand-thrown on a potter's wheel, version three is made by casting liquid clay in a plaster mould.

Greetings
oskar

I've had my Georgetown Scuttle for about 2 months now, and it's absolutely fabulous. lather works up like crazy, and it stays hot throughout the shave. This is one they're going to have to pry out of my cold dead hands.
And the price was extremely reasonable as well.:thumbup1:

Does the hot water chamber completely surround the cream bowl?

can't tell for sure without climbing around inside, but it appears to. And as a result, my lather stays nice and hot throughout the shave. In short, it does what a scuttle is supposed to do, is nice and big, and really looks good.:thumbup:

It looks so nice! Mine is Ivory, with a slight blueish hue, very cool! Excellent workmanship. If they ever decide to make shaving mugs, I would buy one in a heartbeat!

Top Bottom