What's new

Gentlemen's Tonic Savile Row Brush?

My sense is that they are using Savile Row as a style name, whereas Savile Row is the brand name Charles of QED gives to his custom brushes. Savile Row is a storied street, like Fifth Avenue in NYC or the Via Veneto in Rome. A bit of trivia: the name for a traditional Western suit of clothing in Japan is "sabiro", a Japanese interpretation of words Savile Row.

Best, DGI

Excellent brushes made for them by Shavemac in Germany. And they are not 'pure badger.' They are Shavemac silvertip. You should search this site and you will find answers; the brushes get a lot of love here.

Excellent brushes made for them by Shavemac in Germany. And they are not 'pure badger.' They are Shavemac silvertip. You should search this site and you will find answers; the brushes get a lot of love here.

This is incorrect in regards to the brushes the OP is asking about.

This is incorrect in regards to the brushes the OP is asking about.
Why so it is! Thanks for correcting that. I'm guessing that those aren't related to the QED brush line. QED uses Shavemac knots, but I have no idea where the knots the OP references come from. The handles look similar to Mühle. In any case, for a brush of unsure origin with a pure badger knot priced at $85, count me out.

Why so it is! Thanks for correcting that. I'm guessing that those aren't related to the QED brush line. QED uses Shavemac knots, but I have no idea where the knots the OP references come from. The handles look similar to Mühle. In any case, for a brush of unsure origin with a pure badger knot priced at $85, count me out.
Now that I can agree with 100% [emoji6]

I'd tend to agree. As the design does resemble the Mühle line, and that's a company with a long heritage and reputation for quality, I'd urge the OP to look into those if he likes this design. I find it appealing as well, but have no knowledge of the company behind this.

DGI

Top Bottom