What's new

Gems are, well, a Gem!

Don’t recall why I meandered into the SE sub forum a couple of weeks ago. But here I am, two Gem razors later. The search for the perfect razor in part motivates the RAD in me. This time, though, my RAD did good, providing not just a new razor, but a whole new shaving experience that so far is far better than I’ve ever had. I have no complaints on that front though; it’s just that Gems are that much better. These razors, and the PTFE blades, just really work for me.

The Clog Pruf is a fabulous razor, though a tad short on efficiency for my tastes. The Sabre with the L2 plate is quite a bit heavier, and ups the efficiency without upping the aggression. It’s really an amazing razor that for me more than justifies the premium pricing.

I’ve experienced absolutely no harshness at all with the PTFE blades, even on my first outing as a Gem newbie. They are perfect; smooth, efficient, zero irritation.

Not sure about the science of it but my guess is that the thicker blade results in a more rigid and effective cutting process and that Gems are as close to a straight as you can get on a stick. Either way, I’m hooked.

MMOC is next.

Don’t recall why I meandered into the SE sub forum a couple of weeks ago. But here I am, two Gem razors later. The search for the perfect razor in part motivates the RAD in me. This time, though, my RAD did good, providing not just a new razor, but a whole new shaving experience that so far is far better than I’ve ever had. I have no complaints on that front though; it’s just that Gems are that much better. These razors, and the PTFE blades, just really work for me.

The Clog Pruf is a fabulous razor, though a tad short on efficiency for my tastes. The Sabre with the L2 plate is quite a bit heavier, and ups the efficiency without upping the aggression. It’s really an amazing razor that for me more than justifies the premium pricing.

I’ve experienced absolutely no harshness at all with the PTFE blades, even on my first outing as a Gem newbie. They are perfect; smooth, efficient, zero irritation.

Not sure about the science of it but my guess is that the thicker blade results in a more rigid and effective cutting process and that Gems are as close to a straight as you can get on a stick. Either way, I’m hooked.

MMOC is next.

Rigid blade cuts similar to a
SR blade.

I have a few Gems and an Everready and I really find they do very well, except around the ears for me I find it hard to get in there with the correct angle.

Top Bottom