What's new

Gem, Star & Ever Ready Lather Catcher Questions

My curiosity is peaked with the beautiful lather catchers. I am leaning towards one of the below 4 x razors being either a Gem Junior Bar, one of the Star versions, or an Ever Ready 1907.

1) Is it true that the Star version with the Star in the middle is a near duplicate to the Gem Junior Bar also in how it shaves?

2) How would these 4 x razors compare in terms of efficiency? I have an area of my neck that is very sensitive and my past success with GEM blades were limited to the milder Push Button and Contour razors before I moved on to injectors and found my preference there for the N & O models.

3) Can a light touch with any of these 4 razors give a smooth shave that won't tear up my neck?

4) Is there a version between these 4 that holds the blade more securely and has better blade stops?

View attachment 1083342
View attachment 1083340
View attachment 1083341
View attachment 1083352

4) Also, has anyone tried out these wedge adapters with any success in some of these older lather catchers?
View attachment 1083366
I have the ER version and it is very comfortable with a Gem PTFE blade which is good for 7 shaves.

I also ordered the adapters you inquired about for some other razors like the earlier Kampfe Star but have not had a chance to try them. I have learned to hone the old style wedge blades and have been happy with those so far.

I will try the adapters and post results. My preference will be to use the original wedge blades though even if the adapters work.

Top Bottom